Exhausted

Starting to recuperate from the last two weeks. Still exhausted. Sleepless nights, partly due to hypomania and stress, partly to dogs whining to go out in the wee hours of the morning. Too much 24/7 parenting. Home with my son almost two weeks, first when he had the stomach flu, second for spring break. Easter played a role, spending time with family can be double edged. Love them, and they me. But it can be exhausting, over-stimulating, and, well, stressful, worrisome. Seeing my father’s memory erode is painful. Seeing my mother’s lymphoma tumor grow, scary. She is a fighter. With the help of cutting-edge cancer treatment, most notably monoclonal antibody therapy Rituxan, she has managed to keep her lymphoma at bay for thirty years. But this tumor is stubborn and will not go away. It is slow growing, but still there. Please pray for her, as well as my father. Such is life in the sandwich generation, caring for a child while worrying about the health and wellbeing of aging parents.

10 thoughts on “Exhausted

1. Cartier Luvit May 7, 2014 / 12:26 pm

I have and will continue to pray for you and your family will increase in health, happiness and renewing of hope each daily.

• Kitt O'Malley May 7, 2014 / 3:21 pm

Thank you for your prayers. I greatly appreciate your kindness and support.

2. dyane April 24, 2014 / 7:31 pm

Thinking of you and your parents – you’ll be in my prayers tonight.

3. Aul April 24, 2014 / 10:04 am

I will pray.
    Aul

4. Susan Irene Fox April 24, 2014 / 9:59 am

Kitt, so sorry. Praying right now for peace of mind, energy, sleep and healing all around for you and your family.

• Kitt O'Malley April 24, 2014 / 10:05 am

Thank you so much, Susan. I can feel the love already.