Recent Ramblings

2014-05-28
Both yesterday and today I screwed up my meds. When I got ready for bed last night, I saw that I hadn’t yet taken my morning dose of escitalopram oxalate (Lexapro). Then this morning after I took my morning meds, I noticed that both my morning and evening doses were gone. I had taken both. Crap. I do have a system — two pill holders, one light transparent green for the morning, one light transparent blue for the evening, but the colors are similar and pill box shapes identical. Maybe I need to be able to more clearly differentiate between the two. I’m fighting sleep right now, not because of weather, for it is sunny, but because I took my night-time dose of divalproex (Depakote) and diphenhydramine (Benadryl).

2014-05-07
Crap. Forgot to collect mail from mailbox for three days this week. Bills now in a pile, including a paperwork nightmare in which our medical insurance is denying claims retroactively. Mind on edge. Caffeine or something else. Hypomania, perhaps. Definitely irritable and something close to anxious. As if something is about to change. Could be I’m simply anxious about visiting my parents. Worried about them. That’s probably part of it. Also trying to get some loose ends taken care of. House projects completed. Happy to see bathroom walls finally repaired. Soon the rooms will look great. The bathrooms, that is. The rest of the house remains partially painted with unpacked boxes waiting for finished rooms.

6 thoughts on “Recent Ramblings

1. Doreen Bench May 28, 2014 / 10:55 am

Oh bummer. The pill mix-up. Hope you feel better soon.

• Kitt O'Malley May 28, 2014 / 11:50 am

Thanks, Doreen. I’ll be okay. Annoying more than anything else. I am sensitive to medication, but not so much that I will have an extreme reaction. Just crankier or sleepier than usual. It’ll even out within the next day or two.

2. Susan Irene Fox May 28, 2014 / 10:46 am

Same. Use clear for day and keep them at my desk. Use dark blue for night and keep them in my nightstand. Even so, I still completely forget some days. Sucks. The sleep thing is the worst – when sleep is regulated, everything seems to go well. When it’s not, well…you know. :-/

• Kitt O'Malley May 28, 2014 / 11:48 am

I’ve had to take clonazepam to fall asleep the last couple of nights, which means that I’m not at my best. When stable, I do not need help with sleep. I keep both my pill cases on my bathroom counter and take my meds when I brush my teeth upon waking up and going to sleep. Just need to tweak my system a bit. It does really suck when you forget to take them in spite of your best intentions and reminder systems.

3. philsblog01 May 28, 2014 / 10:18 am

How I sympathize with the pill situation, I have to take so many due to a heart surgery a little over a year ago, and I am always forgetting or doubling up, etc. I think it is psychological, I want to go back to a time I didn’t have to take all these damn pills.

• Kitt O'Malley May 28, 2014 / 10:29 am

It can be confusing, but important, to keep on top of a medication regiment when it is necessary to do so. Best of luck with your continued recovery from heart surgery and with taking all those damn pills.