Minor Tweaking

So last night and today I made some minor tweaks to my site. My blog subtitle now is: Living with Bipolar Disorder. Loved by God. Hope the new subtitle resonates with others. My former seminary papers hadn’t received much interest. So I removed some articles, and retitled and revised others. Now I ask in my menu bar, What About God? Perhaps the question will provoke some interest. I do believe that mental health blogging can be a form of ministry. Under About Kitt, I removed some of my gratuitously narcissistic writing, condensing my autobiographical work into one piece, entitled My Story.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

10 thoughts on “Minor Tweaking

1. doreenbench June 29, 2014 / 9:40 pm

Kitt, it all looks really great and well put-together!

• Kitt O'Malley June 29, 2014 / 10:21 pm

Thank you, Doreen. I consider you a wonderful role model on how to integrate my faith with my mental health writing. I also highly respect your sense of God’s purpose for you.

2. glenn2point0 June 28, 2014 / 6:57 pm

Hi Kitt, if it better reflects you and what you are writing about then it is a good thing. I am an atheist but I do see that people can find comfort in their God, whatever shape it takes in their lives. I don’t think you were narcissistic, as blogs are about our lives and, for me, it allows me greater understanding of my mental illness. I find the term narcissistic overused, and perhaps, wrongly used in today’s society.
    The way we interact with each other has changed with the internet and smart phones. And to opt out of these technologies is, in some ways, to isolate yourself. Blogging is a great way to connect with our peers, no matter where in the world they are.
    Have a great day and cheers, Glenn.

• Kitt O'Malley June 28, 2014 / 8:15 pm

Thank you so much, Glenn. I equate God with love and believe that you can use secular humanist language and still be talking about the same thing, but then I am very liberal and flexible in my beliefs. But, if a belief in God can help to provide hope, then great.

• Kitt O'Malley June 28, 2014 / 6:32 pm

Thank you so very much Susan. From you, that means the world to me.

3. iithinks June 28, 2014 / 5:15 pm

I like it 🙂 Definitely speaks to me!

Sending my Love

4. dyane June 28, 2014 / 4:16 pm

I’m not even religious, per se, but I totally love the new subtitle!

I do believe in God. My favorite two authors *totally* believed in God, especially Madeleine L’Engle. (The other author, L.M. Montgomery, was married to a minister who happened to have bipolar disorder and wrote extensively about him in her numerous journals – very fascinating stuff.)

I didn’t think that your bio. was narcisstic (I can never spell that word right) & most importantly, I think mental health blogging is certainly a powerful form of ministry.

To quote some famous guy, “I’ll be back” and I’l take a look at the revised site. 🙂

• Kitt O'Malley June 28, 2014 / 5:07 pm

Thank you, Dyane. I, too, am not actually religious. I currently do not attend a brick and mortar church. I believe in a larger, more universal church, to which we all belong. We are all children of God. We are all loved. We are all capable of loving and need to love and be loved.