Gratitude

Mammoth Mountain

Tonight I am grateful for my son whom I love dearly. To celebrate his fourteenth birthday tomorrow, we are mountain biking on ruggedly beautiful Mammoth Mountain an ancient volcano lying beside the granite Eastern Sierras of California. The Sierra Nevada mountain range Ansel Adams photographed and John Muir wrote of and advocated to preserve. As I write, I sit beside my husband for whom I am very much thankful. I’d fi, so they won’t poop at night before we get homend it far more difficult to navigate life without him. Plus, he fathered our son.

Mammoth Mountain

Now that I’m blogging, I’ve befriended many mental health advocates who offer each other and me support. For that support and community, I am grateful. Many of the bloggers I’ve met online, both with and without mental health causes, are incredibly talented writers.

Sun setting over trees

Tonight I focus on two particularly talented writer(s). They are:

TToT

Finally, like my beloved son, husband and Lizzi, I love math(s). Lizzi is a Brit, thus the “s: for mathematics.

19 thoughts on “Gratitude

1. Sandy Ramsey July 20, 2014 / 3:31 pm

Lovely post, Kitt! You have excellent taste in writers, too! I hope your son has a wonderful 14th birthday!

2. Michelle Liew July 19, 2014 / 8:29 pm

Happy fourteenth to your boy!! And what a way to celebrate. I love trekking too!

3. glenn2point0 July 16, 2014 / 9:45 pm

Some wonderful things to be grateful for indeed Kitt. cheers.

4. stockdalewolfe July 16, 2014 / 1:40 pm

Happy Birthday to your son! You must be celebrating now. Thanks for posting the links to the three mental health bloggers! The more the merrier!

5. Jessica B. Bell July 16, 2014 / 8:25 am

“You know, voices inside my head, I think she thinks we’re Lizzi.”
    Well that’s terribly awkward.
    Thank you for the mention, sweet lady of Eire.

• Kitt O'Malley July 16, 2014 / 12:19 pm

Perhaps I am mistaken. If so, forgive me. You are all so very lovely, and all three of you use the English language artfully. I do have to admit that I feel a bit more of a personal connection with Lizzi, and more of a literary connection with you and Helena.

• lrconsiderer July 19, 2014 / 4:01 pm

Ohhh my Darkling, wouldn’t that be quite the turn-up for the books?! Almost as incredible as the tru…nevermind!

Is Helena treating you nicely yet? Want me to bring you anything? (I know, I know…any excuse to find my way to your cellar…)

6. Helena Hann-Basquiat July 16, 2014 / 8:17 am

Ahhhhhhh… Thank you, darling! I came out of semi-retirement today to write not one but two stories. One to make you laugh and one to make you cry.

• Kitt O'Malley July 16, 2014 / 12:16 pm

So, you will trigger both hypomania and depression? or will it be a mixed episode? Just kidding, I’m stable on my meds and find reading your stories a great pleasure.

7. lrconsiderer July 15, 2014 / 10:55 pm

You do me great honour to put me in a list with Helena and Jessica 🙂 Thank you. I’m glad you’ve found your community of people who support and look out for each other in this here Blogosphere 🙂 That’s always a good thing.

8. Francisco J. Veismann July 15, 2014 / 10:45 pm

Thanks

9. Marie Abanga July 15, 2014 / 9:37 pm

Dear Kitt,

Gratitude is a wonderful virtue. It soothes both the person getting, the person giving it, and even society as whole benefits by having more jolly citizens than otherwise. Happy Birthday to your son. Sure you aren’t alone with your struggles, there is strength in what remains.