Sick on My Birthday

Pink Rose Bud
A Gift to Myself

Today is my birthday. I am 51 years old. Unfortunately, I have a cold. Nothing serious, but being sick annoys me. Not sure if I will be going to group later this afternoon. Do not want to get anyone else sick and want to heal myself. Last night our son said that he, too, felt he was coming down with a cold.

Thumper Dirty Bandages
Thumper in dirty bandages

This afternoon I will be taking Thumper our Labradoodle to the veterinarian to have this bandages changed. He had surgery Friday on a tumor on his paw. We first noticed the growth Thursday night for Thumper was bleeding, so we took him in Friday morning. His veterinarian said that tumor had broken through the skin and thought it might be melanoma. We are awaiting biopsy results. Thumper seems quite happy now that the growth has been removed.

52 thoughts on “Sick on My Birthday

1. Hope August 19, 2014 / 12:49 pm

Happy birthday, Kitt! I hope you’re feeling better soon.

2. Lisa August 19, 2014 / 12:41 pm

Awww. Happy Birthday, Kitt. I hope you get to feeling better. I’m happy to have met you and I hope you find time to celebrate your wonderful birth. ♡

• Kitt O'Malley August 19, 2014 / 5:42 pm

Thank you so much. It’s just a common cold and it seems to be going around.

My son and husband brought me red roses and See’s dark chocolates. We will head out for dinner soon.

3. Indah Susanti August 19, 2014 / 12:24 pm

Happy birthday! Hope you will better soon and also for Thumper, hope for his speedy recovery!

• Kitt O'Malley August 19, 2014 / 5:40 pm

I hope wisdom starts now, because I thought I’d be much wiser by this age. Still just figuring things out. 🙂

Thank you for wishing me well.

4. Tempest Rose August 19, 2014 / 12:11 pm
    1. Hope you feel better!
    2. I feel like I should have known you had a labradoodle! My mom has one (only black) and he is the biggest, goofiest, dumbest, happiest dog I have ever met.

• Kitt O'Malley August 19, 2014 / 5:35 pm
      1. I am feeling better, just not 100%.
      2. My big guy is actually quite regal and of above-average intelligence. 🙂 That may be because he is only 1/4 labrador retriever and 3/4 standard poodle. Our 100% standard poodle puts him to shame when it comes to intelligence and mischeviousness.

• Tempest Rose August 19, 2014 / 5:59 pm

Yeah my mom’s came from a run-down puppy mill in like.. Wisconsin or something (I’m sure that’s wrong, but it was a W or M state.. now I’m leaning more towards M). He was abused and treated poorly and a mess when they got him, but now hes our lovable doof.

• Kitt O'Malley August 19, 2014 / 7:24 pm

So sorry to hear. Thumper came from a breeder in Oregon who loved her labradoodles. We went to check out his younger cousins, but Thumper chose my son by going up to him and playing with him.

5. Susan Irene Fox August 19, 2014 / 12:10 pm

Oh, Kitt, happy birthday! I pray you’re feeling better very soon. What a lousy way to spend your birthday. On the other hand, snuggling in bed with Thumper and the boy watching your favorite video sounds like a perfect birthday to me! 😉 xoxo

• Kitt O'Malley August 19, 2014 / 5:28 pm

I did enjoy sleeping in. My son is doing as much sleeping in as he can before the school year begins. He’ll be a freshman in high school! Thumper got a clean bill of health at the veterinarian’s office this afternoon. He’s healing and the biopsy was negative (benigh). I’m doing better than I was this morning. Just an end of summer cold.

• Kitt O'Malley August 19, 2014 / 5:25 pm

Thank you. The healing hugs are helping, for sure. Thumper’s foot is on the mend, as am I.

6. Pieces of Bipolar August 19, 2014 / 12:06 pm

A very happy birthday to you Kitt. Today’s your day, do with it as you wish. Thumper is too cute. I hope he also gets on the mend 🙂

• Kitt O'Malley August 19, 2014 / 5:24 pm

Thank you. He got a good bill of health. He is healing nicely and his growth was benign. Now he’s sporting a bright green bandage which will be brown in no time. He loves to dig and bury his toys.

• Kitt O'Malley August 19, 2014 / 5:21 pm

Thank you so much! I’m still sick, but feel a little better now. I noticed that many staff members at the veterinarian’s office were coughing and sniffling.