NAMI Walks 2014

NAMI  Walks

Sponsor Me for 2014 NAMI Walks

Those of you who have been following my blog know that I’ve been participating in the National Alliance on Mental Illness or NAMI Peer-to-Peer psychoeducational classes. NAMI offers these classes free. NAMI conducts free educational programs, meetings and support groups for those of us who live with mental health diagnoses and their families. I am raising money for my local NAMI chapter on Saturday, September 27th, by walking the 2014 NAMI Walks 5K. Please donate through my fundraising page for 2014 NAMI Walks. Every donation makes a difference. Thank you for your support.
Links to Sponsor Me for the 2014 NAMI Walks:

Thank you so much to my friends and family who have sponsored me and who will sponsor me. NAMI offers their services to our community, to those who live with mental health diagnoses and to their families, free of charge.

30 thoughts on “NAMI Walks 2014

1. tips sell house September 24, 2014 / 1:13 pm

fantastic put up, very informative. I wonder why the opposite experts of this sector don’t notice this.
    You must continue your writing. I am sure, you have a huge readers’ base already!

2. comptoir quartz ou granit September 19, 2014 / 2:51 am

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz reply as I’m looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got
    this from. kudos

3. fincalagranbelgica.com September 8, 2014 / 2:22 pm

Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell
    you I truly enjoy reading through your posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with
    the same topics? Thank you so much!

4. busymindthinking August 21, 2014 / 3:27 pm

Kitt, best wishes and much success!!! I have to ask you a question in the event I am confused and missed something. In Mihrans latest post he references having cancer; but the story references the difficulty with painting his nails, that his mother had to race home to his daughter, etc. Was It Mihran that had cancer or was it his sister? I’m confused and didn’t want to ask for clarification as it is a painful topic no matter who is the one that is ill.

• mihrank August 21, 2014 / 3:53 pm

Good Afternoon Belinda – Hope your exams well today, I wish you always the best health. I don’t want to go into details, I only want to share that year was a dark and painful to myself and to my sister. I had no words to explain how our life was extremely difficult. I wanted to share my past experience and wish everyone health and success. May God Bless you.

• busymindthinking August 21, 2014 / 4:05 pm

Thanks ever so much Mihran. I will know more on Monday, please God. It was a very dark and painful period I am certain. I hope today finds better news for your cousins son. Cancer has affected so many families and it is heartbreaking. It is helpful when people share; it helps others to cope and move forward. God bless you as well.

• mihrank August 21, 2014 / 4:08 pm

Belinda – I hope for you the most positive results, I am have a deep respect to you and I know the same from you. I don;t tell too much in reference of my health, it was a disaster year and dark for myself and family. I am also diabetic and on insolence shot every day, WP is a place were to connect to my friends like you to escape from my pain. It was deep and extreme difficult and the change I had to go through.

• busymindthinking August 21, 2014 / 4:13 pm

I cannot imagine; but you are here now making strides and sharing. That is the important thing. Many blessings.

• Kitt O'Malley August 21, 2014 / 4:58 pm

Mihrank, I am so sorry that you have had to suffer. I will keep you in my prayers.

• mihrank August 21, 2014 / 5:15 pm

Thank you Kitt for keeping me in your prayes – I feel humbled sharing by pain with you and Belinda, It was something missing to share but the courage and support I received it will up our hearts and soul.

• Kitt O'Malley August 21, 2014 / 5:42 pm

That is what this community is for, mutual support.

• mihrank August 21, 2014 / 5:46 pm

I am happy to learn about this community and ask everyone to follow the same. Thank you!

• Kitt O'Malley August 21, 2014 / 4:57 pm

I keep both of you, Belinda and Mihrank, in my prayers for health through God’s healing love.

• busymindthinking August 21, 2014 / 4:59 pm

Thank you and blessings to you also. Too many people are suffering, but with faith, healing will come – if not of the body, always a soul is uplifted.

• mihrank August 21, 2014 / 5:10 pm

Yes – God always have a power and keeping the faith – That is what I gained more when I was going through my pain.

• mihrank August 21, 2014 / 5:13 pm

Yes, Belinda – Soul is always uplifting – I agree with you and its how raise someone up during his pain. Thank you from my heart!

5. Johnny Ojanpera August 21, 2014 / 1:48 pm

Go Kitt! 🙂

• Kitt O'Malley August 21, 2014 / 10:59 am

Thanks. I’ve actually never done one of these sort of walks before, so this is a first for me. I’m actually a little anxious.

• Kitt O'Malley August 22, 2014 / 11:28 am

Yes. Hopefully, not too high. Even if I become hypomanic, which is likely, I will come back down. Hypomania is not the end of the world. I simply must recuperate from being overstimulated.

6. mihrank August 20, 2014 / 10:41 pm

wow – you reminded me when I was diagnosed by cancer few years ago, the time was very painful. I remember the phrase ” Walk” – I am not adding any more words, the rest speaks by itself!

• Kitt O'Malley August 21, 2014 / 10:46 am

I hope that you are well now. Medical science has made great strides in the treatment of cancer. My mother has survived non-Hodgkins lymphoma for thirty years now thanks monoclonal antibody therapy now FDA approved as Rituxan. Most recently she underwent radiation, as the Rituxan was unable to rid her of her latest tumor.