Brief recap of the past week in reverse chronological order, just like this blog. Note that the second bullet point is where I discuss whether it is time to build a book:
- This morning I got my haircut and decided to flip my part and show my bit of gray. I’ve earned that gray these past 51 years, so I’m wearing it proudly and looking forward to developing an even more impressive and dramatic shock of gray. For now, this bit will have to do. Hopefully, although I do not feel terribly wise, I’m at least starting to look wise.
- Time to Build a Book? Okay, so by writing this list in reverse chronological order, I buried the lead, and started off with something less “meaningful” (or perhaps the photo highlights the vanity of these bullet points). So what. Yesterday I started to copy my blog content into Scrivener, “a powerful content-generation tool for writers that allows you to concentrate on composing and structuring long and difficult documents” (Literature and Latte). I had hoped I could simply export my WordPress blog into an xml document and then import it into Scrivener. Unfortunately, since I use Windows rather than the Mac OS, the best work-around I could find involved more advanced coding skills than I care to learn right now. Besides, perhaps the process of copying and pasting my posts and pages, including those never published, might inspire me or at least jog my memory.
- Saturday was the one year anniversary of my blogging adventure. Thank you readers for your support.
- Coincidentally, on the anniversary of my mental health blogging journey, I walked in the 10th annual Orange County NAMI Walks. My sponsors helped me raise $760 for NAMI Orange County. Thank you sponsors!
- Last Wednesday, just before I attended my last NAMI Peer-to-Peer class, I applied to volunteer for NAMI Orange County. I probably should give their volunteer coordinator a call this week and follow up on my emailed application. Who knows where volunteering for NAMI will lead (assuming they will take me, of course).