Facts listed on this infographic from MHAScreening.org:
Get Screened, America!
- 125,000 screens since the launch of MHAScreening.org in May 2014
- 66% screened positive for moderate to severe anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, or PTSD…
- and 64% of them had never been diagnosed.
- 44% said they would discuss results with someone.
- Stay healthy. Take a screen, and talk to a doctor, family member, or friend about your results.
- After taking a screen, this is what people want most. HELP (most heavily weighted word in word cluster)
- Take a screen MHAScreening.org
- MHA Mental Health America#B4Stage4
When we think about cancer, heart disease, or diabetes, we don’t wait years to treat them. We start way before Stage 4. We begin with prevention…
This is what we should be doing when people have serious mental illnesses, too. When they first begin to experience symptoms such as loss of sleep, feeling tired for no reason, feeling low, feeling anxious, or hearing voices, we should act.