Veterans Day

Support Out Nations Veterans

This #VeteransDay, honor #Veterans and Service members by spreading the word that one call, one chat, or one text can open the door to 24/7, confidential support. Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, or learn more about #ThePowerOf1 at www.VeteransCrisisLine.net/ThePowerOf1.

11 thoughts on “Veterans Day

1. Dani November 10, 2014 / 6:31 am

Kitt,

Thank you so much for this. My grandfathers both served in WWII and they were never the same. My paternal grandfather had severe bouts of depression afterward and, at the end of his life, completely closed himself down and off from those he loved and those who loved him.

What is being done is Not enough.
    It hasn’t been enough.

I’m praying that in the future it Will be enough.

With blessings,
    Dani

P.S. I posted on this last December. Feel free to read, if you’d like:

• Kitt O'Malley November 10, 2014 / 11:49 am

You are right. Not enough is done. Thank you for the link to your post. I tweeted and google+’d it.

• Dani November 10, 2014 / 1:38 pm

Thanks for that, Kitt. I’ll try to find you on Google+. I just created an account last week, so I don’t really know what I’m doing there yet.

Blessings,
        Dani

• Kitt O'Malley November 10, 2014 / 2:07 pm

I wouldn’t waste too much time on it. I use various social media presences to distribute my posts and post links to other people’s content. My social media links are in the footer of every page and on my About Kitt page.

2. Just Plain Ol' Vic November 7, 2014 / 6:24 pm

Veterans sacrifice so much. It is a shame we spend so little on mental health compared to the overall military budget. Thankfully more awareness is bringing everything to light.

3. stockdalewolfe November 7, 2014 / 5:05 pm

Great thing to do, Kitt! They need it and I can’t think of anyone more deserving! Ellen

4. dyane November 7, 2014 / 3:59 pm

As the daughter of a veteran, I appreciate your recognizing this profoundly important day
    very much, my friend.

And on a lighter note, OMG – Mihran is right: “The Kitt O’Malley” Podcast –
    I would sign up to watch that in a heartbeat!

• Kitt O'Malley November 7, 2014 / 5:23 pm

Your father truly gave of himself, heroically and creatively, while he was with us. Thank you for his service.

5. mihrank November 7, 2014 / 2:13 pm

Kitt – Impressive – you must have your own radio show or program. Bravo

Happy Veterans Day to all who have served our great nation. Thank you for your courage and dedication. Thank you for our freedom. We can’t say it enough.