Giving Tuesday

Giving Tuesday

Today is Giving Tuesday, so please donate to any of these charities near and dear to my heart:

ALZ.org ~ My father has dementia. Alzheimer’s is one form of dementia that Alzheimer’s Association seeks to eliminate.

Cancer.org ~ Thank you, American Cancer Society, for research and life-saving programs for cancer patients. Far too many of my loved ones have fought and continue to fight cancer.

Lymphoma.org ~ My mother has survived lymphoma for thirty years thanks to participating in clinical trials of monoclonal antibody therapy, now FDA-approved as Rituxan. Please support lymphoma research by donating to the Lymphoma Research Foundation.

NationalMSSociety.org ~ My mother-in-law and one of my best friends both fight MS.

NAMI.org ~ As my readers know, I have bipolar disorder, have benefitted from NAMI’s free Peer-to-Peer 10-week psychoeducational course, and have volunteered for my local NAMI.

10 thoughts on “Giving Tuesday

1. writerwannabe763 December 4, 2014 / 4:14 pm

We give to many charities at year end … and of course the M.S. society is one of them.. Diane

• Kitt O'Malley December 4, 2014 / 4:39 pm

Thank you, Diane. I realize that you, too, live with MS. I have tremendous respect for those I know who live full lives in spite of MS. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• writerwannabe763 December 4, 2014 / 5:24 pm

My disability may be M.S. but you and many others have ones that are equally a struggle…. I think it’s good to share one another’s like we do…. Diane

2. glenn2point0 December 2, 2014 / 4:08 pm

As Dy says, all worthy organisations Kitt. It seems like your family has a lot on it’s plate but you all fight to get better. You are an inspiration!

3. Doris December 2, 2014 / 2:18 pm

I donated!
    my neighbor had dementia and is not easy for the family
    a good list you have.

4. dyane December 2, 2014 / 12:20 pm

All very worthy organizations, Kitt, and wow – your Mom truly is an amazing woman of strength! Again, my heart goes out to you regarding your father’s dementia. Thanks for spreading the word about these charities.