Received this call to action from NAMI yesterday:
Help Support Suicide Prevention for Our Military and Veteran Heroes
“This is an opportunity for the NAMI community to make a difference for the 22 veterans who die by suicide every single day,” Daniel Williams, Chair, NAMI Veterans and Military Council.
Please contact your United States Senators and Representative and urge them to support the passage of The Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention for American Veterans Act (H.R. 5059)! Lawmakers will vote on this bill this week and we owe it to our military and veteran heroes to ensure that it passes.
What is Included in the Bill?
The Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention for American Veterans Act, or simply the “Clay Hunt SAV Act” will:
- Increase access to mental health care.
- Boost capacity to meet mental health care demand.
- Improve the quality of care for troops and veterans.
- Provide seamless care from the Department of Defense to VA.
- Develop community support for veterans nationwide.
What Can You Do To Help?
The Clay Hunt SAV Act has strong bipartisan support, but we need you to contact Congress TODAY to ensure that our military and veterans receive the support they deserve.