Christmas Day

Xmas Stocking

So here I am on Christmas Day, at a loss for words. Recently I’ve been posting simple holiday sentiments on graphic images and content I’ve copied and pasted from year-end emails sent to me from NAMI and NIMH, or – in the case of To Conform or Not to Conform – content I wrote and posted earlier. Not much to share in terms of original content. Hopefully, I’ll come up with some original content soon, and I’ll repost some worthwhile old stuff.

Somewhat overwhelmed and physically exhausted. We’ve fought a stomach bug for far too long. Just as you think you are better, it comes back and hits you down. In any case, Santa stuffed the adults’ stockings with some yummy gourmet goodies that he must have purchased from Cost Plus World Market. I’ve already eaten my chocolate bar from the stocking. Doesn’t matter how sick I feel, I’ll inhale chocolate, even as I grow sicker and sicker as I consume it. Yes, I’m a chocoholic.

20 thoughts on “Christmas Day

1. Susan Irene Fox December 26, 2014 / 1:35 pm

Hope you’re feeling better today; pray this new year brings wonderful and unexpected provision, healing, favor and peace. Love to and yours, and thank you for every word you’ve posted here.

• Kitt O'Malley December 26, 2014 / 7:34 pm

Thank you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

2. stockdalewolfe December 26, 2014 / 10:52 am

So sorry you still have this bug– a long time now. We had one in October that lasted two weeks. I am afraid you really need to rest to win this one. Wishing you good health for now and the new year!!

• Kitt O'Malley December 26, 2014 / 7:32 pm

We seem to be a sickly crew. I probably should clean the house.

3. mariskameldrum December 26, 2014 / 12:26 am

You poor thing Kit! Nothing worse than feeling unwell on Christmas Day… hope you all recover quickly and can enjoy those Christmas goodies (they look scrumptious!)

Mariska xx

4. gentlekindness December 25, 2014 / 6:23 pm

chocolate rocks! I love hershey bars and mns’s. How do you spell that? Sometimes I have trouble thinking of what to write. I will do an internet search beginning with a topic I find interesting. It usually leads me from one idea to another. Then I see a great quote or a great picture or blog and it inspires me with a unique twist on a subject or ideal.
    While I am doing the research I get away from feeling depressed because my mind is focused on learning things.
    Hope you feel better.

• Kitt O'Malley December 26, 2014 / 10:23 am

Glad you found a way to cope with your depression. Thank you for the well wishes.

5. Just Plain Ol' Vic December 25, 2014 / 12:52 pm

Chocolate makes everything seem better!

6. blahpolar December 25, 2014 / 12:22 pm

Hope the horrible stomach bug surrenders soon. (I swear I never plan the alliteration, it just happens.) Chocolate inhalation is essential! I’m right there with ya, sistah! Om nom nom nom …

7. kbailey374 December 25, 2014 / 12:12 pm

I got a bug myself, it’s only a few days, hopefully not the same as yours. Feel better and I totally get it about the chocolate! I would too, if I had some!

8. mihrank December 25, 2014 / 11:40 am

amazing post presentation, no need to be overwhelmed and proud of yourself and sharing the information!