Fried – Just Fried

Fried Egg with crispy edges in an iron skillet on a wood countertop

Today I went to a writers’ meetup, and now I am just wiped out. Social stimulation exhausts me. I had a great time, but I’m just not up for it. Just not up for two hours of conversation. Damn fucking brain disorder. I HATE bipolar disorder. My brain is FRIED.

38 thoughts on “Fried – Just Fried

1. dbp49 February 9, 2015 / 6:30 pm

Look at it from my side, I can’t even be in the same room with other people to talk to them. Five minutes and I’m a nervous wreck. I’m 58 and I have two people I know well enough to actually spend more than 5 or 10 minutes with, and my med team. After that, it’s all electronic, or very business-like. No intimacy at any level. People like yourself are my heroes, because despite your disability, you overcome, and make a life for yourself. How cool is that? Please don’t put yourself down, you manage way more than I’ve ever been able to. 🙂

• dbp49 February 10, 2015 / 5:14 pm

I guess I also have to work a little harder in that area. Thanks for the heads-up. 🙂

2. blahpolar January 31, 2015 / 5:41 pm

Hope the ibuprofen helped and that you have time to rest and recharge. I’ve definitely grown more introverted with age. Two hours of intense conversation is actually a lot.

3. stockdalewolfe January 31, 2015 / 5:39 pm

Why hate Bipolar Disorder? Aspies hate conversation, too. Why not just hate two hours of conversation? We don’t all have to be social butterflies. It gets easier as you get to know the people. Still sets me off.

• Kitt O'Malley January 31, 2015 / 9:02 pm

True. Maybe just the way I’m made and a matter of finding what fits me.

• stockdalewolfe February 1, 2015 / 5:28 am

My husband keeps saying to me “Play the hand you’re dealt.”. And he also says know your limitations. You have a family and are doing so many things I admire. Give yourself a break. Sure it is a drag being mentally ill but in some ways it offers a unique perspective on the world. You’re doing great despite your handicap. I admire all you do.

• Kitt O'Malley February 1, 2015 / 4:28 pm

Surprised? How could you possibly be surprised. You are a published author, and an accomplished poet, artist, and photographer. I am in awe of your artistic and spiritual voice.

• stockdalewolfe February 1, 2015 / 5:25 pm

A self-published author and I don’t think of myself as all that. Besides I think having a kid is such a grand achievement especially since you and your husband sound like such good parents. But thanks. I guess what is most important to me at this point in life is the spiritual. Thank you very much.

• Kitt O'Malley February 1, 2015 / 6:22 pm

That is what ultmately matters. Honestly, I believe that all that really matters is that we give and accept love, that we open ourselves to it.

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )