Fried – Just Fried

Fried Egg with crispy edges in an iron skillet on a wood countertop

Today I went to a writers’ meetup, and now I am just wiped out. Social stimulation exhausts me. I had a great time, but I’m just not up for it. Just not up for two hours of conversation. Damn fucking brain disorder. I HATE bipolar disorder. My brain is FRIED.

38 thoughts on “Fried – Just Fried

1. dyane January 30, 2015 / 4:24 pm

I know that fried feeling so well, Kitt! Hope you are feeling more refreshed now! Good luck tomorrow!

2. Sandy Sue January 30, 2015 / 3:43 pm

I understand. What I hate is the inconsistency. Some days I could do that two hours of lively conversation with energy to spare. Some days the thought of it would send me to bed. I never know what my capacity will be when I wake up in the morning, and now I choose to let that be an adventure (most days). I still get discouraged and disappointed, but not with myself any more, just with the situation.

• Kitt O'Malley January 30, 2015 / 4:02 pm

Yes. I have had the similarly inconsistent responses. Some days built up, some days torn down.

3. Susan Irene Fox January 30, 2015 / 12:21 pm

Kitt, I know the feeling. As KBailey said, I think it’s also the fact that I’m introverted. My energy is sucked dry when I’m with groups of people. Between the bp and my natural instinct to flee large groups, I need weeks to recuperate. Yep, fried is an excellent word. Praying for peace and rest.

• Kitt O'Malley January 30, 2015 / 4:00 pm

I think my personality has changed over the years. I was once more extroverted.

4. Laura Droege January 30, 2015 / 9:22 am

I’m sorry you’re feeling fried. Social stimulation does that to me, too. It’s a combination of exhaustion and irritation. When I hear the word “fried”, though, I think of fried chicken, extra crispy, and chickens running around with their heads chopped off, and how my neighbors have two chickens and how they cheer/coach each other when they lay their daily eggs . . . Sorry, it also makes me ramble. I hope you’re feeling better now.

5. Ramblings From The Mentally Ill January 29, 2015 / 11:51 pm

Wow! I know the feeling. Although mine stems from my personality type and not my disorder. Wishing you a restful recovery.

6. kbailey374 January 29, 2015 / 8:05 pm

I always thought it was just my introversion (is that a word?) that was to blame for my getting exhausted after I spend time in a group. Are you still fighting hypomania? if it’s none of my business just let me know …

7. Bemused January 29, 2015 / 5:19 pm

I get really exhausted too…it sucks. I can sit on my laptop all day long though lol

8. cristyabrown January 29, 2015 / 3:40 pm

I’m sorry you are feeling so fried! Just want you to know I hate bipolar with a passion, my greatest passion on earth is to hate it! Just an encouraging thought, there always seems to be a purpose for the pain we go through. I know in my heart that your purpose is to help others and you do an incredible job at that! Praying your night gets better!

• Kitt O'Malley January 29, 2015 / 5:32 pm

Thank you. Actually, it just occurred to me that I could take an ibuprofen and feel much better.

9. lilypup January 29, 2015 / 2:39 pm

I know what you mean. I have turned down three speaking engagements with NAMI in the last month because I don’t think I can handle the people. Social interaction is just impossible some days.

• Kitt O'Malley January 29, 2015 / 3:10 pm

Yeah. I’m worried about whether I will be up for NAMI Provider Education (start the class this Saturday) or NAMI Ending the Silence (have been reading the manual and presentation materials).

• Just Plain Ol' Vic January 29, 2015 / 4:16 pm

I have confidence that not only will you be up for it, you will also do great!