29 thoughts on “Blogging 201: Auditing My Brand

1. Karl February 10, 2015 / 12:02 pm

Hi Kitt, really love the new header, especially the treatment of your name. I also like that you used two different flower photos instead of just using one and mirroring it. Green is my favorite color and the deep one you have chosen makes a nice noticeable statement.

• Kitt O'Malley February 10, 2015 / 1:22 pm

Thank you, Karl. I appreciate your positive feedback. Compliments are always welcome.

2. dyane February 4, 2015 / 10:49 am

I think it looks beautiful! I’d love to see your name even bigger – maybe someone else has written that (I haven’t had a chance to read all comments) – I’ll love it either way!

• Kitt O'Malley February 4, 2015 / 11:05 am

Bigger! No, aside from being too narcissistic if I go any bigger, this size fits on mobile devices’ scrreens. Too big and it gets cut off.

• dyane February 4, 2015 / 11:09 am

Ohhh. no, that wouldn’t be good for it to be cut off – it would kind of defeat the purpose, ha ha! I don’t think it’s being nar. (i hate spelling that word, so I’m lazy) – you’re too humble!!! It’s a lovely name and a lovely font = perfect match!

3. Raeyn February 4, 2015 / 3:16 am

Hee, design is fun. My only ‘problem’ is that I do it once and I’m pretty much set from there!

• Kitt O'Malley February 4, 2015 / 10:40 am

Good for you. Keeps you from wasting hours and hours of time obsessing over changes.

• Raeyn February 4, 2015 / 11:11 am

Yup! I take advantage of InstantWP (http://www.instantwp.com/) to design it on my computer, and then once I’ve got it just right, push it all out in one go. I don’t know about you, but I also fret about things being change where people could see it!

• Kitt O'Malley February 4, 2015 / 12:15 pm

That’s a great resource. I just change it in real time. WP has a way to save snapshots of your site.

4. bpnurse February 3, 2015 / 10:03 pm

I love the look. It is very Celtic and I appreciate the Celtic touch in just about everything. 🙂

5. Zoe February 3, 2015 / 6:59 pm

Design is one of my favorite things. I personally like where you’re going. I’m not sure if the vines are built into the font but I kind of imagined them being a different color from the letter.

I love Celtic fonts. Some of my favorites are of this type (or inspired by) are Stonehenge, Celtic MD, Spiral Initials,Celtic Knot, and Celtic 101 — I just don’t know if they’re free to use for this type of endeavor. Still, I love to see where you’re going!

• Kitt O'Malley February 3, 2015 / 7:59 pm

The vines were part of that font. It is a different font than the rest of the name. I will check out the fonts you named. Thanks!

• Zoe February 3, 2015 / 8:31 pm

I like the ones you used. I’m all about combining fonts. It’s never easy to come up with a logo. I personally change my mind quite a lot before finally settling.

• Kitt O'Malley February 3, 2015 / 8:53 pm

You were right that the font’s vines’ colors could be changed. After messing around with them, I decided to keep it simple for now (my husband pointed out readability issues) with DS Celtic 2 (Dan Smith’s fantasy fonts).

• Kitt O'Malley February 3, 2015 / 8:03 pm

Actually, I just looked those fonts up. I had downloaded a few of those and ruled out a couple. Thanks!

6. Just Plain Ol' Vic February 3, 2015 / 6:42 pm

Something to consider, but I normally don’t know really what someone’s blog looks like since I mainly read & comment using the WordPress app on my phone.

So every time someone changes their look, that may be the first time that I actually look at their blog using a web browser.

I wonder if I am in the minority, reading this way?

• Kitt O'Malley February 3, 2015 / 7:12 pm

Actually in 2014, my top referrals were 1) Facebook, 2) Twitter, 3) WordPress.com Reader, 4) bipolarbloggernetwork.com, and 5) plus.google.com. So, some – but not all or even most – of my viewers read my blog using the Reader. Great point, though.

7. kbailey374 February 3, 2015 / 5:19 pm

I like it!

I almost would prefer just one of the letters ornate though – maybe the O? it’s up to you though.

and I adore the flowers 🙂