Blog for Mental Health 2015

Blog for Mental Health 2015

I pledge my commitment to the Blog for Mental Health 2015 Project (blogformentalhealth.com). I will blog about mental health topics not only for myself, but for others. By displaying this badge, I show my pride, dedication, and acceptance for mental health. I use this to promote mental health education in the struggle to erase stigma.

Last year I took the pledge to blog for mental health, and am now renewing my pledge for 2015. As my tagline states, I live with bipolar disorder and write about it on this blog. I do so not just for myself, but for others. We mental health bloggers support each other and educate the public, while fighting stigma and discrimination against those living with mental illness.

18 thoughts on “Blog for Mental Health 2015

• Kitt O'Malley March 10, 2015 / 11:52 am

Thank you for the linking to my site and promoting my pledge post on Twitter!

• Kitt O'Malley February 5, 2015 / 8:33 am

It is, though honestly, I’d prefer a cleaner more professional looking one – but that’s just me.

• Yes, I understand your viewpoint. The new badge does look playful and Tom agrees with you. His comment went something like this . . . having a mental disorder is bad enough without making me out to be a circus performer.
        I assured him that wasn’t the intent of the artist but I also must respect his views. He’s the one with the disease just as you are. I’m on the sidelines.

• Kitt O'Malley February 5, 2015 / 4:07 pm

For me, it’s just a matter of design aesthetic. Not my style. Plus, too childish.

1. Lisbeth Coiman February 4, 2015 / 8:32 pm

Thanks Kitty, for posting this. I didn’t know about this pledge, but you brought to my attention.

2. Cecilia February 4, 2015 / 2:19 pm

Keep doing your great work. And thank you for sharing your thoughts.

3. partandparcel2014 February 4, 2015 / 12:59 pm

Indeed we have to take care not just of our bodies, spirit/soul, but our mind as well! Support from each other is truly powerful. Carry on! 🙂

4. lilypup February 4, 2015 / 10:34 am

Lovely badge…very eye-catching! Great to see mental health brought up front.

5. Exploring Alura February 4, 2015 / 8:12 am

Reblogged this on Exploring Alura and commented:

I love this initiative. We are a world full of mentally ill hypocrites too lost to diagnose their own illness.

My bipolar babies are the leaders to show people how mentally capable we are when we just believe the impossible dream. My impossible dream:

*WORLD PEACE on 444, in the middle of the “perfect utopian society” located behind the Gates of 434^3Z with a big surprise in store for all those who make the deadline.

Follow my path to believe myself mentally capable, “Changing the world”, and FOLLOWING IN LOVE the whole TIME. I promise you, I’m writing the story that begins all tales, ends all fantasies and revolves entirely around my body of work. “No bone5 about it.”