Grief, Compassion, and Love

Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom. -Rumi
BrainyQuote.com

Today my husband flew up to visit his brother who is at home receiving hospice care for advanced lung cancer which has aggressively metastasized. This post serves as a prayer for my husband, his brother, and the rest of their family. I’m at a loss for words.

This is also my second Writer’s Quote Wednesday 2015 post. Thank you Colleen Chesebro at SilverThreading.com for organizing Writer’s Quote Wednesday 2015.

Writer's Quote Wednesday 2015

49 thoughts on “Grief, Compassion, and Love

1. John W. Howell February 25, 2015 / 3:10 pm

I came to thank you for following my blog and want to offer a prayer for your brother -in -law

2. stockdalewolfe February 25, 2015 / 3:00 pm

Hugs, prayers and blessings to you all!! Hospice care is wonderful especially for a disease such as lung cancer. xx ellen

3. breakdownchick February 25, 2015 / 2:58 pm

I lost my mom to cancer. My thoughts & prayers are with you. ❤

4. Silver Threading February 25, 2015 / 2:55 pm

Many prayers and hugs to you and your family Kitt. I have you all in my thoughts. 💖💖💖

5. Linda Oquendo February 25, 2015 / 2:53 pm

Sending lots of prayers and hugs to you and your family. Hospice definitely is a great service and organization. My mom worked with them for many years and many of my family members were cared for by them. Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law.

6. susurrus February 25, 2015 / 2:43 pm

Just wanted to send my love to you, your husband, his brother and the whole family.

7. Laura Droege February 25, 2015 / 2:38 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, Kitt. Sending up prayers for all of you in the family during this difficult time.

• Kitt O'Malley February 25, 2015 / 2:47 pm

Thank you, Laura. Prayers welcome. Hospice is an important, difficult, and very spiritual time regardless of one’s beliefs.