Two Losses in Three Parts #Writing101

Grief is the price we pay for love.

As I thought about today’s writing prompt to write about a loss, I kept circling back to two losses – the loss of my maternal grandfather and the loss of my expectations and plans for my future. Now, a third pops into my mind – my husband’s loss of his brother. Somehow I will be circling around these losses in my two following two posts (and I’m not sure when WordPress Writing 101 will prompt me to write parts two and three). Not sure exactly what this series will become, and I’m not sure when WordPress Writing 101 will prompt me to write parts two and three.

Today I’ve been busy and tomorrow I’m spending all day at a NAMI regional meeting, so I must put this subject to rest for now.

9 thoughts on “Two Losses in Three Parts #Writing101

1. e April 14, 2015 / 10:09 pm

The loss of expectation is powerful phrasing. Hope is the anchor of our soul.

• Kitt O'Malley April 15, 2015 / 10:14 pm

Honestly, giving up expectations ultimately led me to hope, for hope grows from acceptance, not imposing one’s will but finding one’s purpose.

• e April 16, 2015 / 3:11 am

I can definitely see how that would work Kitt. Both are applicable. I’ve experienced both. Great point!

e

2. Fatmawaty April 9, 2015 / 8:55 pm

So sorry to hear that! May God bless your life entirely, n make you strong to face this life. I myself lost my dad. I’ll write its moment in next posts!
    stay strong, my friend! 😊

3. Just Plain Ol' Vic April 9, 2015 / 8:00 pm

I can certainly empathize with how you feel, having lost both my Grandfather and Father-In-Law in the last year.

• Just Plain Ol' Vic April 9, 2015 / 8:08 pm

Indeed, but your post rings true. Loss does make you appreciate life and love more!