Gardening & Praying

Fig Tree Bougainvillea Collage

Lightly pruned our fig tree this morning, evening out its limbs. May not have been the best time of year to prune it, but some branches grew out of control, reaching into the neighbor’s yard and into the homeowners’ association’s hillside. Like me, the fig tree is productive, fecund, stretching itself outside the bounds of a narrowly defined suburban tract house’s yard. Now it’s basically a lollipop tree. Maybe it was better a bit unfettered.

The bougainvillea without doubt needs help, perhaps some light pruning. Not treating her correctly. I want a more robust plant, with colorful dense growth and less leggy limbs. Perhaps it gets too much water, its roots water-logged as they grow in clay and receive runoff from irrigated homeowners’ association landscaping. The bougainvillea not happy.

Pray & Hope for Melissa, Please

Still praying & hoping for Melissa Nemeth. May UCLA successfully transplant small intestines into this incredible young woman.

My prayerful & hopeful message to Melissa – in case she can sense our love, our hope, & our prayers:  Melissa, you have been in my prayers and in the hopes and prayers of many others as you’ve been fighting for your life. I’m trying to rally as much support, love, hope & prayers for you as possible.

8 thoughts on “Gardening & Praying

1. dyane April 21, 2015 / 5:56 pm

Love the shots of the bougainvillea – I grew up with those gorgeous blooms at our home in Pacific Palisades. Maybe you should talk/sing to it to make the plant thrive? I’ve heard that actually helps,! In any case, I’m proud of you for pruning even if it might be hindering rather than helping….
    Seeing your pictures rings back good memories.

Just read very sad update about Melissa. I’m glad her family believes she will soon be in Heaven. Heartbreaking all the same….

• Kitt O'Malley April 21, 2015 / 11:17 pm

She has passed. Her family believes that she is with her Heavenly Father. She now is everywhere.

2. Just Plain Ol' Vic April 20, 2015 / 5:24 pm

Lucky you, I have a black thumb. I have given up all hope when it comes to my yard and plants.

• Kitt O'Malley April 20, 2015 / 10:29 pm

Just hire a gardener then. We recently fired ours. He was wonderful, but drove our dogs into a frenzy every Time they would visit; besides, good to get outside.

• Just Plain Ol' Vic April 21, 2015 / 2:58 am

Ahhhh, so that’s your secret!! Lol

3. partandparcel2014 April 20, 2015 / 3:53 pm

Beautiful nature. I love the trees and flowers especially on spring time! : ) best to tend to our garden.

4. mihrank April 20, 2015 / 3:03 pm

I am touched – we are all praying for Melissa! May God Bless her and give quick recovery!