Taking a Step Forward

Took a Step Forward Today

Today I took a step forward. I went to my psychiatrist. He adjusted my medications, putting me back on a low dose of escitalopram. Monday, we see a psychologist with our son to get some coaching on negotiating our battles and setting some reasonable boundaries.

Called NAMI Orange County’s Warm Line and briefly talked to a mentor. Looked into going to Orange County’s Wellness Center, which offers all kinds of support and activities, but I’m just not up to making the twenty-mile drive to the City of Orange. Maybe tomorrow I will actually drive up to The Wellness Center – then again, maybe not. I actually think that I may be sick, physically ill, which is exacerbating my depressive symptoms.

Yesterday I both called and emailed Saddleback Church, which offers support groups and is very close to my home. The main problem I have with Saddleback is that I’m very liberal – theologically liberal, socially liberal, and politically liberal. Saddleback is not.

Just got a call from the nurse’s office at my son’s school. Had to go and get him. He has a headache and feels sick, nauseated. Honestly, I feel pretty run down myself. And, so it goes…

Taking it one step at a time.

41 thoughts on “Taking a Step Forward

1. blahpolar May 23, 2015 / 12:45 pm

I read your previous posts and your blog comments (on my blog) have been worrying me lately. I’m very glad indeed to read this post and I feel proud of you. You seem to be adopting a methodical approach to things and by the looks of it, it’s working. I refer to that process as plodding – for myself, that is. One foot in from of the other, one minute at a time.

• Kitt O'Malley May 24, 2015 / 11:51 am

Yes, plodding it is, or can be. I feel better now than I did earlier last week. Thank you for your concern. I appreciate it.

• Kitt O'Malley May 22, 2015 / 10:39 am

Me, too. I have to pick him up from school two days in a row. Today, I have a nasty sinus headache. Argh!

• e May 22, 2015 / 11:08 am

Yikes! Those are so painful! Take care & try to enjoy the holiday weekend. Sending blessings to you & your household!!

2. e May 21, 2015 / 10:25 pm

Thought about you today with all the weather changes. Proud of you.

3. writerwannabe763 May 21, 2015 / 3:41 pm

Hi Kitt, just because you’re ‘liberal’ in your opinions etc. doesn’t mean that others aren’t also… There are probably many who differ, but with it being a support group I would think there is kind of an acceptance for the variations and the differences not emphasized … just a thought Diane

• Kitt O'Malley May 21, 2015 / 4:51 pm

You are no doubt right, Diane. I used to go to the Roman Catholic Church even though I disagreed with them on many issues. Turns out their support group for bipolar disorder doesn’t start it’s next series until the fall. They referred me to NAMI & DBSA, which are great organizations. We’ll see. For now, I had lunch with one friend and will have dinner with another. The woman I’m having dinner with tonight is a member of the United Methodist church I last regularly attended. She also has bipolar disorder and a challenging teen son. We have a lot in common.

• writerwannabe763 May 21, 2015 / 6:11 pm

I think it’s good that you’re investigating your options, and so hope that if you choose one of them… it really is helpful… Diane

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )