Taking a Step Forward

Took a Step Forward Today

Today I took a step forward. I went to my psychiatrist. He adjusted my medications, putting me back on a low dose of escitalopram. Monday, we see a psychologist with our son to get some coaching on negotiating our battles and setting some reasonable boundaries.

Called NAMI Orange County’s Warm Line and briefly talked to a mentor. Looked into going to Orange County’s Wellness Center, which offers all kinds of support and activities, but I’m just not up to making the twenty-mile drive to the City of Orange. Maybe tomorrow I will actually drive up to The Wellness Center – then again, maybe not. I actually think that I may be sick, physically ill, which is exacerbating my depressive symptoms.

Yesterday I both called and emailed Saddleback Church, which offers support groups and is very close to my home. The main problem I have with Saddleback is that I’m very liberal – theologically liberal, socially liberal, and politically liberal. Saddleback is not.

Just got a call from the nurse’s office at my son’s school. Had to go and get him. He has a headache and feels sick, nauseated. Honestly, I feel pretty run down myself. And, so it goes…

Taking it one step at a time.

41 thoughts on “Taking a Step Forward

1. jamilouise May 21, 2015 / 9:29 am

🙂 Love to you…. Paisley kisses…… Dy will fill you in if you don’t understand 🙂

2. Sandy Sue May 21, 2015 / 5:18 am

Big steps today, Kitt. Taking action, any action, starts a momentum. Seeing that you have services that could be used is enough to start that. You know that a change in meds will goof you up for a while, so keep being gentle with yourself. Saddleback sounds like it would irritate and upset rather than soothe.

• Kitt O'Malley May 21, 2015 / 3:54 pm

They sent me an email brush off, referring me to NAMI & DBSA.

3. bpnurse May 20, 2015 / 4:26 pm

Sometimes life just doesn’t play well with others. Sorry you’re going through a time like that. Feel better soon!

• Kitt O'Malley May 21, 2015 / 3:53 pm

Yes. Sometimes, cocooning is in order. Sometimes I must focus on myself and my family. Unfortunately, it’s been that way for a while, and it’s hard.

4. emmagc75 May 20, 2015 / 2:32 pm

I’m happy you took a step forward. I know some days I can and some days I’m just not able to. So when I have the energy I do as much as possible lol.

5. nananoyz May 20, 2015 / 1:50 pm

I hope you feel better physically soon. The 20 mile drive might be worth making when you’re well. Saddleback doesn’t sound like a good fit. Hugs!

• Kitt O'Malley May 21, 2015 / 3:42 pm

They actually emailed me suggesting I go to a NAMI or DBSA meeting. So, they basically already let me know that I’m not welcome.

6. dyane May 20, 2015 / 1:20 pm

I’m proud of you for being proactive for your safe as well as for your son.
    I’m inspired by your strength during this sh*tstorm.

Sending you love – you’ll be in my thoughts every day!
    Xo
    Dy

• Marie Abanga May 21, 2015 / 7:29 am

Whatever season this is, I join Dy in her prayers and I hope it comes to pass pretty quick. I have also been going through mixed periods and for four days just leaving my bed and room require tremendous energy. One step at a time, even the tinnest, is definitely the way to go dear. Wishing us all loads 🙂

• Kitt O'Malley May 21, 2015 / 3:57 pm

I am sorry to hear that you are going through a mixed state. That is challenging and can be physically exhausting. I pray that your health improves and that your mood stabilizes, Marie.

7. Cherokee Doll May 20, 2015 / 1:19 pm

Sometimes the smallest things represent the biggest steps of all. I am glad to hear you were able to move forward. It can be so hard sometimes to do the things we know we should, and want to do. ❤