Love/Hate Challenge

Love Hate

Just Plain Ol’ Vic dared me to take the Love/Hate Challenge to list ten things I love, ten things I hate, and then nominate ten bloggers to do the same. I pass on nominating ten bloggers, instead using the challenge as blog post fodder.

10 Things I Love

1. My family: my husband & our teenaged son
  2. Our extended family, both mine & my husband’s
  3. Our dogs, Thumper & Coco
  4. My friends, both offline and online
  5. Leading a purposeful and meaningful life by loving others
  6. Roses, actually I’m a fan of flowers in general
  7. Sunsets, especially over the Pacific Ocean
  8. The Sierra Nevada mountain range. My husband and I married at Lake Tahoe, so the place holds a special place in my heart.
  9. Sonoma County where we bought our first home and our son was born
  10. San Francisco where I was born

10 Things I Hate

Having free will and being imperfect means that we humans do err; in fact, at times we sin greatly. I equally hate racism, sexism, homophobia, & mental health discrimination.

1. Human Suffering
  2. War
  3. Human Rights Abuses
  4. Hatred
  5. Racism
  6. Sexism
  7. Homophobia
  8. Mental Health Stigma & Discrimination
  9. Environmental Degradation
  10. Housecleaning – Housecleaning is trivial compared to the other things on the list. I’m at home, so I should keep our home clean and organized. I guess what I really hate is my failure to attend to my housekeeping responsibilities.

24 thoughts on “Love/Hate Challenge

1. mihrank June 8, 2015 / 8:59 pm

you made very clear and to point – we love you too and you have my deepest respect!

2. pavanneh June 8, 2015 / 8:22 pm

Great lists. I can so relate to loving and hating similar things/people.

3. Noise Pollution June 8, 2015 / 7:48 pm

Anything further than doing the dishes is absolutely unenjoyable to me. for some reason though, I really don’t mind doing the dishes. I think it’s because it’s a rather organized task where you can turn your brain off while doing it. Regular housecleaning requires you to actually think about where you should put things. Which isn’t that big of a deal, but it’s enough to make me dislike it a lot more.

• Kitt O'Malley June 9, 2015 / 8:34 am

I become overwhelmed at the decisions about where to put things. I know where to put my dishes, but everything else requires decisions. I tend to forget where I’ve put things which makes it worse. My husband and son find that if they cannot see something, it is gone or hidden. So, rather than “hiding” their stuff, I leave it alone, collecting dust.

4. brittabottle June 8, 2015 / 7:32 pm

I actually find something incredibly soothing about house cleaning. Washing dishes is one of my favorite activities to do in my down time. I also have a thing for folding laundry.

This is a great list, Kitt…and other than house cleaning, I agree with all of your hates. Very well done.

5. Susan Irene Fox June 8, 2015 / 3:23 pm

Hah! wonderful lists, both of them. Only…I know I’m weird, but housecleaning is meditation for me. I never could sit still long enough to do “proper” meditation, so I turn on classical music, turn up the volume and mop and dust away. 😕

• Kitt O'Malley June 9, 2015 / 8:29 am

Want to visit me? Just kidding. I wish I enjoyed cleaning and found it meditative. My allergies and asthma probably get in the way of that. Associate it with asthma attacks.

• Susan Irene Fox June 10, 2015 / 9:00 am

Ah! I have both, too. The key for me is using natural products (vinegar, baking soda, lemon, etc…). Don’t buy many OTC cleaning products anymore for the same reason. I even have organic cat litter, (made from freeze-dried corn), although I wear a mask when I clean the kitty box. Poor kitty was allergic to the store bought stuff too!
        If you lived closer, I’d come over. We could definitely exchanged chores. Want to wash my car? 😕

• Kitt O'Malley June 10, 2015 / 1:50 pm

My mother introduced me to vinegar and baking soda years ago. She’s a thirty year survivor of lymphoma and is chemically sensitive.

6. Sandy Sue June 8, 2015 / 10:47 am

Your #10 made me laugh. House cleaning is par with racism and homophobia in my book, too.

7. amaryllisturman June 8, 2015 / 9:45 am

I love my family and friends so much.
    Like you, I hate those same things except housecleaning. I don’t mind that. Granted there are only two of us in the house, so cleaning is easy for me.

8. ryandan June 8, 2015 / 8:23 am

Well done Kitt. Your hate number 2, war, is valid. It leaves emotional scars that never go away.

9. bpnurse June 7, 2015 / 8:56 pm

I’d list mine but the lists would contain pretty much the same things that you have on yours. 🙂 and broccoli. I hate broccoli.

10. Just Plain Ol' Vic June 7, 2015 / 5:01 pm

Awesome list! BTW…I hate housecleaning too…