Simple Self-Care

Simple Self-Care

Got my hair cut today – a simple act of self-care. Took a picture of it, but didn’t like the photo. Hate how I look in photos. Same haircut as my Gravatar, but maintaining the cut helps me to feel better about myself. Plus, it feels quite luxurious to have someone wash, blow dry, cut, and comb my hair. Heck, I don’t even blow dry my hair. Sometimes I don’t even brush it.

23 thoughts on “Simple Self-Care

1. wendy k williamson June 11, 2015 / 2:03 pm

me too…I finally got it cut, was looking like a cave woman. (I actually have really long hair.) And me too…I hate how I look in pics! I’m sure you look beautiful…

2. Not Quite Alice June 11, 2015 / 7:48 am

Good for you! I forget about hair except that it’s on my head. Then a few months later, I remember and notice I have several inches of roots showing. And then as you said the best part is the shampooing. It feels amazing.

• Kitt O'Malley June 11, 2015 / 9:35 am

I love how you wrote that comment. I let my henna grow out so that I don’t have to worry about roots. So annoying.

3. Angie Mc June 10, 2015 / 11:35 pm

I recently started getting my hair cut by a terrific hairdresser. Love it! Happy for you, Kitt :0

4. lbeth1950 June 10, 2015 / 6:43 pm

Treat yourself to something tomorrow. A small thing is fine. It will make you happy.

5. Just Plain Ol' Vic June 10, 2015 / 4:56 pm

I have to admit, I really enjoy the sensation of getting my hair cut. I find it to be immensely relaxing, especially since I only go to one person that I trust to do an awesome job every time.

Glad you allowed yourself a luxury – you deserve it!

• Kitt O'Malley June 10, 2015 / 5:10 pm

My husband only trusts one guy but doesn’t want to take the time to go out of his way to see him, so my husband’s taken to cutting his own hair. (He’s an engineer & butchers his hair – whatever.)

• Just Plain Ol' Vic June 10, 2015 / 5:36 pm

Okay…I will admit, I am a bit vain when it comes to my hair. Oh well, no one is perfect!

• Just Plain Ol' Vic June 11, 2015 / 9:31 am

I just have images of America’s Funniest Home Videos running through my head, with kids that botched up their own hair…lol

6. dyane June 10, 2015 / 4:23 pm

Someday when we go for our sushi, let me tell you about the time I tried cutting my Sheltie dog Tara’s fur into a “style”. Didn’t go so hot.

Don’t ever let me touch your hair….not that I would. Especially now that I’m sober!) XOXO

• dyane June 10, 2015 / 7:20 pm

No, I meant the opposite in that if I was wasted, I would be more likely to reach for the scissors and attempt to cut your hair. As someone who is stone-cold sober I’d never dream of touching your mane!

7. vanbytheriver June 10, 2015 / 3:38 pm

Mixed feelings about having someone approach my hair with scissors. I’m sure that’s why I keep it long and pulled back. There’s a post in my head that I’ve been wanting to address. It has to do with a difficult time in childhood when our mother had our ponytails cut off to a new pixie cut.

Thanks for the inspiration, Kitt. Glad you could enjoy being attended to…we all need that. Van

• Kitt O'Malley June 10, 2015 / 4:03 pm

So sorry. Apparently that was quite traumatic. My mom gave me a pixie when I was five, but I liked it. My photos from that time show an obviously self-styled (jagged) bang, so I must have wanted to shorten my bangs even further. Who knows maybe the pixie was in response to my forays into cutting my own hair. I guess I could ask my mom.

8. seaangel4444 June 10, 2015 / 2:37 pm

Kitt, that is wonderful to hear! We all need to remember to look after ourselves and it sounds as if your hair cut today was the perfect idea! Well done, dear! Cher xo