#BeReal, Kitt

#BeReal

Here I am, being real. On a typical day, I do not shower or bathe and do not wear makeup. I am middle-aged. My gray hair,  wrinkles and turkey neck are hard-earned. This is not a Before or Ugly Duckling photo. Just is just me being real, showing you myself bare.

Thank you, HastyWords, for #BeReal, a movement to counter the #DontJudgeMeChallenge where people posted Ugly Duckling photos of themselves (before) and best possible versions of themselves (after). Thank you, Lizzi, for bringing Hasty’s #BeReal movement to my attention in the post
In a World So Quick to Judge, Just #BeReal on Sisterwives.

Hasty was unimpressed with hashtags which contribute to a bodycentric culture - so she changed the world.

The world is READY for this movement. Our body-obsessed culture NEEDS this movement. There is not a person who won’t benefit from a new way, which supports putting people first. Go on, #BeARebel – show yourself off, exactly as you are, because YOU ARE WONDERFUL.

Show yourself off on Twitter, on Instagram, on Facebook, on Tumblr, in Real Life, and be YOU. Be Beautiful. #BeReal.

via In a World so Quick to Judge, Just #BeReal | by Lizzi for The SisterWives.

Click to view and add your links!

32 thoughts on “#BeReal, Kitt

1. stuckinscared July 10, 2015 / 12:34 am

Your ‘real’ is beautiful… inside and out x

2. Just Plain Ol' Vic July 9, 2015 / 4:49 pm

You are wonderful exactly the way you are Kitt!

3. hirundine608 July 9, 2015 / 3:36 pm

It seems being real, is just fine. I think men have an easier time with that, than women?

Yet there are some men who use stuff, to colour their hair. Have surgery for whatever they feel makes them older and try to not be “real”.

I notice certain actors like Robert Redford, try to stay real? Kudos for that. Yet, even in one of his later films, the character jars. For he is in actuality in his late seventies, yet he may have some grey at the temples. Really, is his hair colour that blond red all over?

Colour me flummoxed, Cheers Jamie.

• Kitt O'Malley July 9, 2015 / 5:17 pm

I bet he colors his hair, but who knows. He’s let his skin take a beating from the sun. That’s for sure.

4. Lisa July 9, 2015 / 1:56 pm

Way to go, Kitt! I’m right behind you! 🙂

5. dyane July 9, 2015 / 1:51 pm

I love your post and the fact you shared your real photo!

I’d write more but I’m totally exhausted from a morning spent tweeting & networking & thanking those who shared my postpartum bipolar post on Twitter like you did!

As I wrote in “My Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorder Gets No Respect” Part Two, we all have our cause (or more accurately, causes) close to our hearts, and I applaud you for taking part in the NAMI Walk (to which I proudly donated on your behalf) and the #BeReal movement.

thanks for all that you do to help us, your devoted readers, live more fully and authentically, whether we apply makeup a la Gene Simmons or go bare. God loves us in our many colors, right?

XoXo
    Your sleepy pal

• Kitt O'Malley July 9, 2015 / 5:00 pm

Thanks. I’ve got to now go and update my social media presences. I just caught up on my WordPress Reader short list reading. Many of the posts I suspect I simply clicked “Like” over the past week b/c I didn’t have the energy to read them. I’m questioning how much energy I have going forward to keep up with so many blogs.

• dyane July 9, 2015 / 5:07 pm

Time to do a litle bit ‘o blog cutting!!!! You only have so much time, energy and two eyes. I just pared down my list and am sticking with mostly longterm faves like yours, Vic, Blahpolar, Marie…