Where Am I Going Now?

Wife Mother Writer Artist Advocate Activist Speaker Performer Passionate Empath

How do I describe myself? How do I best describe my blog? What has my blog become? What direction do I want to take it?

What direction is my life taking? Is my writing taking? Is my (dare-say) art or photography taking?

Back in the 90s when I registered my first corporate URL, I knew that some day, some year, some decade, I would register the URL kittomalley.com. I knew that I wanted to post my writing online.

I never envisioned kittomalley.com as a community. Didn’t realize that I’d be conversing with others. Never imagined what it has become.

18 thoughts on “Where Am I Going Now?

1. writerwannabe763 October 19, 2015 / 1:25 pm

I look in amazement also, at all whom I have met on the blog journey… you among them.. Diane

• Kitt O'Malley October 19, 2015 / 2:17 pm

Thank you so much, Diane. Your lived experience, faith and generosity of spirit nurture us all.

2. e October 19, 2015 / 5:27 am

I’m so glad it is. Loved this reflection. Honored to be apart of the journey

3. Sheila North October 18, 2015 / 10:14 pm

Whatever you decide to do, go for it. Lovely photographs, by the way.

Juggling roles is always different: more so for those who, like yourself, have the role “mother”. I take my hat off to all the women who are mums, and am truly awed by those who are dealing with mental health problems at the same time.

Be interested to hear more about your role as a performer, and see more of your art.

• Kitt O'Malley October 19, 2015 / 11:28 am

Honestly, the performer is, as of now, a personality characteristic and aptitude, more than a role. I can get on stage and perform. I was a drama geek. Similarly, I’ve always described myself as artistic, rather than an artist. Perhaps how I live is my performance art. I do not know. It’s evolving. I do have some completed work. Many photos on Flickr. Create memes with both stock photos and my photos. I’m a neophyte, but took art classes when I was in junior high school and one class in college.

4. Just Plain Ol' Vic October 18, 2015 / 3:37 pm

I, like many others I am positive, draw both knowledge and inspiration from your blog. I am glad it has evolved to what it has become today.

5. Kitt – I’ve watched you grow in so many different directions and they are all good. The most important element I applaud is that you’ve been honest with us, your audience and fellow man, from the beginning. I’ve never felt one drop of dishonesty in a single blog I’ve read. You are the genuine deal. You are Kitt O’Malley and there’s not another one like you anywhere. Your blog has grown at a phenomenal pace and this speaks to the quality of information you provide your readers. Your writing helps each of us unravel the many mysteries we encounter each day in the world of mental health and I thank you for that. Let me not forget to mention, if we could clone you by one hundred thousand times in your advocacy work, it would never be enough. You are bringing mental health into the light of our world and allowing everyone to see and appreciate the illness for exactly what it is – an illness. Thank you for presenting yourself to the world.

6. Sarah Emmerling (Em) October 18, 2015 / 11:31 am

It’s always good to pause and reflect. Sometimes life takes us to places we never imagined, both positive and negative. Whatever you decide, wherever you choose to go, His Grace is sufficient.