Day Tripper

Day Tripper

Spoken in 2013

I am a day tripper.
I space out when driving.
Overshoot where I’m going.

All the sudden come out of
my daydream and have no id…
Oh, crap! I missed my turn.

I’ve done it for long distances in the past.
I’m just a little bit of a space cadet, and

you know, apparently
I, like, gesture and
make expressions and
talk to myself
when I’m doing this

I know I’m not
actually talking to someone
But, I look pretty crazy and

I know it’s super annoying for my son
who is 13 (now 15) and easily embarrassed
to have a mom talking to herself
gesturing and making facial expressions
and a conversation which she’s having with herself
when you’re sitting right beside her
in the front seat of the car

Kind of weird. Yep. That’s me. Bye.

Recorded this in 2013 when my son was 13. He’s 15 now. Yes, I was driving at the time, but had both hands on the wheel. No excuse, still distracting no doubt –  not that I wouldn’t be talking to myself aloud anyway – because I do. Just thought I may as well record myself. What the hell.

Experimenting with converting my voice recordings from SoundCloud into YouTube spoken word videos. This is my first attempt (it took me TOO much time to do this, but I wanted text slides).

23 thoughts on “Day Tripper

1. robertmgoldstein October 28, 2015 / 4:27 pm

I love that you’re doing this. I’ve started to do it too. It’s great to hear the words read and the idea of using text slides is a good one.

• Kitt O'Malley October 29, 2015 / 7:35 am

Thank you, Robert. I think in oration, as if I’m narrating my life or speaking to others, so I may as well record my thought process. Did a few recordings which I posted to SoundCloud and now plan to make into videos text slide shows. Once my skills improve, I can add art to the slides.

• robertmgoldstein October 29, 2015 / 6:57 pm

How interesting. I’m taking the same approach. Is it that you learn by doing? That is my favorite strategy for learning new skills.

2. Just Plain Ol' Vic October 27, 2015 / 6:52 pm

I am so there with you…

3. e October 27, 2015 / 3:57 am

Pretty cool! Wasn’t aware you could do that (convert), powerful

• e October 27, 2015 / 6:47 pm

Wow Kitt that’s so encouraging! Thank you so much, honored💞

4. blahpolar October 27, 2015 / 3:47 am

That is one damn fine poem and I can identify with it strongly. Nice one mate.

• Kitt O'Malley October 27, 2015 / 12:18 pm

Thanks. Not exactly a poem. More just talking out loud to myself and recording it. This is how I think all the time.

5. Bipolar1Blog October 26, 2015 / 8:36 pm

Haha, that’s funny! I talk to myself too. Must look quite weird to people who are looking at me.

• Kitt O'Malley October 26, 2015 / 9:49 pm

I’ve noticed people catch me doing it. Seems to entertain them, as I’m quite animated when I talk to myself.

• Marie Abanga October 27, 2015 / 1:34 am

And I think this quote may be apt right here: “It’s the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they’re gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it’s my turn to leave. – Tupac Shakur” Nice day to you dearest, afterall could it someday change from Divine Disatisfaction to Divine Approval?