Unraveling

After a week of crisis intervention, starting with calling 911 upon realizing my mom had had a stroke last Saturday, I’m coming undone. Time for a break.

Luckily, my sister and I got reserves (husbands and sons) helping us out with our parents today. I plan to go home and take Sunday as a day of rest. Wish me well. Wish us well. Keep up the prayers. Thank you.

64 thoughts on “Unraveling

1. Dayle and Jeff Nichols November 22, 2015 / 12:13 pm

Kitt, just remember that you are not alone and have lots of support. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Get rest. Xoxo, Jeff and Dayle (not sure if my other comment was posted but wanted to make sure you knew we are thinking about the O’Malleys)

• Kitt O'Malley November 22, 2015 / 1:38 pm

I got the other comment. Thank you for taking the time to comment again. Love you! I realize you get it, as you are a nurse.

2. Kitt – So sorry to learn your mother had a stroke. I’m so glad you have help dealing with the crisis. I pray your sisters step to the plate and take on the serious caregiving. As Vic wrote above, take care of yourself. I often put myself way down on the list of taking care of myself – but don’t do as I do, take Vic’s advise. please.

• Kitt O'Malley November 22, 2015 / 1:34 pm

My sister does not live nearby, but she is visiting until we find an excellent assisted living placement near me for both our parents. My father loves his home and wants us to drop everything and move in with them, but that’s not going to happen. I dropped my guard a couple of times and considered it, but I would end up psychiatrically hospitalized due to the stress.

• I’m happy to hear you are not moving in with your parents. I’m also glad your sister is there to help locate appropriate living arrangements for your parents. It’s so hard for us [as in your parents] to make what seems like our final choice of where to live. My heart goes out to both you, your parents and your sister.

• Kitt O'Malley November 23, 2015 / 2:04 pm

My father wanted us to move in, but we have a life in our community. It’s our home.

3. thebipolarmama November 22, 2015 / 7:02 am

I am so sorry for all that is going on. I wish you nothing but peace and relaxation.

4. mihrank November 21, 2015 / 11:28 pm

wishing you well, good health and stay strong..You are in our prayers…

5. Bipolar1Blog November 21, 2015 / 10:51 pm

Wishing you very well, so glad you have reserves. Get some rest, relax a bit. I’m sending lots of positive thoughts for your mom as well.

6. blahpolar November 21, 2015 / 1:07 pm

You’re in my thoughts and so is your mother. Hugs my friend.

7. Just Plain Ol' Vic November 21, 2015 / 12:51 pm

You always tell me to not forget to take care of myself, now I have an opportunity to return the favor with that excellent advice. Find some time for yourself and treat yourself to something special, even if it is a simple long & hot bath. Take care and thinking of you!

• Kitt O'Malley November 21, 2015 / 4:02 pm

Thank you, Vic. Great advice. Right now, I’m simply lying in bed and resting.

8. Lizzy November 21, 2015 / 11:25 am

I will keep you in my prayers. You need to get away to a quiet relaxing place for a holiday. Stay strong, hon.

9. bpnurse November 21, 2015 / 10:39 am

Praying for all of you during this challenging time. Good for you for taking care of yourself!

10. trentpmcd November 21, 2015 / 10:06 am

Take your break and recharge. Let the reserves deal with it. Wishing you well.

• Kitt O'Malley November 21, 2015 / 3:57 pm

Thank you. Lying down in bed right now. Husbands entertaining sons at beach. Sister with parents at rehab.

11. dyane November 21, 2015 / 9:31 am

I’ll think of you daily, keep you & your family in my prayers & I’m so, SO glad you’ll be resting tomorrow. Get somer rest time today if it all possible too, sweetie. Love you very much!!!!!!

• Kitt O'Malley November 21, 2015 / 9:56 am

Thank you, Dy. Today will be a short visit at acute stroke rehab, then I’ll head back home with Nick & Matthew.