Shut Up Mind, Let Me Rest

Woke up in the wee hours of the morning. Mind won’t let me rest. Too many loose ends to tie. Found lovely memory care for both my parents in my neighborhood, so they can stay together and I can visit regularly. Today must get durable power of attorney signed and notarized, so my sister and I can pay the bills. Praying my mom passes her stroke swallow test. She cannot join my father in memory care unless she can swallow liquids. Continued well wishes and prayers welcome. Certainly can’t hurt. Thank you.

24 thoughts on “Shut Up Mind, Let Me Rest

1. Marie Abanga November 28, 2015 / 8:44 pm

Dear Kitt, well wishes and prayers all the way. Often in moments like these, the mind goes a weary. It may shut up ocassionally if you harass it by your calm. Remember you have to be fine to take care of your parents, husband and son in any and all order 🙂

• Kitt O'Malley November 29, 2015 / 8:01 am

Thank you, Marie! God bless you. Hope all is well in Cameroon. Keep up your good work on behalf of those with epilepsy and mental illness.

2. stockdalewolfe November 27, 2015 / 6:54 pm

Even though I am not really here, want you to know you and your son and husband are still in my daily prayers. Worry is the worst! I pray for your peace. Sending love and light, Ellen

• Kitt O'Malley November 27, 2015 / 9:26 pm

Ellen, you are always present. Being online is not the same as being here. You are here with me.

3. bpnurse November 27, 2015 / 1:34 pm

Prayers continue for you and your parents. I hope they can stay in the memory care facility together. In the meantime, please take care of yourself!

• Kitt O'Malley November 27, 2015 / 9:25 pm

Thank you! They can stay together, but my mom will need continued acute stroke rehab before she joins him.

4. Lizzy November 27, 2015 / 11:42 am

Sending up prayers for you and your parents. May our God who gives peace beyond all comprehension ease all you fears and anxieties and grant you the blessing of rest you so need and desire. You are such a blessing to others because I see that you share the blessings of His grace He shares with you. God bless you, Kitt.

• Kitt O'Malley November 27, 2015 / 1:01 pm

Thank you so much for the prayer, Lizzy. God bless you, too.

5. dyane November 27, 2015 / 10:38 am

I will definitely will keep you in my thoughts and that your Mom passes the stroke swallow test.
    Much love to you, my friend!!!

• Kitt O'Malley November 27, 2015 / 10:41 am

Thank you. God bless you. Prayers greatly appreciated.

6. Just Plain Ol' Vic November 27, 2015 / 7:24 am

Take care if yourself Kitt!

7. Sheri November 27, 2015 / 6:29 am

The well wishes from my end continue. I can empathize about the “shut up brain.” A little trick someone once taught me was to say the words (to myself, not out loud) “breathe in, breath out” with each breath. Usually nothing else can sneak in because one’s brain is preoccupied with those words. I say usually because sometimes my mind wanders back to my worrying.

• Kitt O'Malley November 27, 2015 / 10:40 am

Excellent idea b/c breathing alone does not still my mind. Replacing noise with mantra of any sort will help.