Together Again

Mom and Dad Together AgainFinally, my parents are back together again since my mother had an acute front left lobe stroke in mid-November. We’ve taken my father to visit my mother in stroke rehab, but tonight they sleep together.  No longer is my father in memory care in one facility and my mother in stroke rehab in another.

49 thoughts on “Together Again

1. Leslie January 12, 2016 / 2:57 am

So wonderful. I always hear that so much of medicine is attitude. If that is truly the case than your parents just got a big boost. It saddens me to hear of elderly people needing to be separated because of differing medical needs. I’m so glad that they are together.

Also, I know that this relieves you of a HUGE burden running back and forth between facilities. I’m very happy for you as well. It has to warm your heart to see them together again.

2. lolabipola January 12, 2016 / 2:17 am

Aaaawwwww!!!! That is SO awesome! I’m so happy, I do the dance of joy ❤

3. cindy knoke January 11, 2016 / 10:24 pm

So sad when they separate aged couples. There needs to be legislation to stop this.

• Kitt O'Malley January 12, 2016 / 10:19 am

Without a doubt. Our healthcare system does not acknowledge the need of seniors to be together when they receive hospital crisis, rehab, memory care, assisted living, or end of life hospice care. Very confusing and painful to be separated from one’s life partner.

4. john flanagan January 11, 2016 / 9:20 pm

Tender, touching and beautiful.
    i hope, Kitt, you are staying strong.

Big Hugs

john

5. Lizzy January 11, 2016 / 9:04 pm

I am glad for you AND your parents that they can be together again. I cannot even imagine how hard this has been for you and them. You have been and continue to be strong for them. But now be strong for you. Be kind for you. And allow yourself to rest with thankfulness and gladness in your heart. Whisper a prayer of thanks to God and rest well tonight! If there is anything in particular you would like for me to pray, let me know. Love & blessings.

• Kitt O'Malley January 12, 2016 / 10:14 am

Thank you so much for your support and prayers. Now my son is sick. Time to take care of both myself and my son. He tends to fall ill this time of year.