Exhausted

Kitt_2016-04-28
My body is simply exhausted from the stress and responsibilities I’ve taken on since my mother had her stroke. I still haven’t allowed myself to feel the grief in my heart at her losses. Her sudden plummet into vascular dementia and loss of speech and language comprehension due to her stroke are absolutely devastating, more so than my father’s dementia which has progressed over time.

Considering spending the weekend at a spa… I need it. I’ve earned it.

34 thoughts on “Exhausted

1. lookingforthelightblog May 5, 2016 / 3:46 pm

Hang on. You would feel good after a short break. It sounds like sibling issues? Does your grandfather still have his bearings? Did you say they are living apart?
    Do the best you can. No matter how much or little support you give, guilt comes along. Meditation may help.
    Take Care, Breathe!
    M

• Kitt O'Malley May 5, 2016 / 8:02 pm

My sister supports me emotionally. She just doesn’t live nearby. My parents live together in their memory care community. Meditation is a great idea. Will breathe deeply. Thank you.

2. breakdownchick May 2, 2016 / 4:04 am

Yes! A spa! You have to nurture and care for yourself in order to be there for others. Hugs!

3. Kitt – I dare say it’s not only your body that’s exhausted. Your mental self has to beyond drained at this point. There’s only so much we can take and then we have to have something to recharge us. Mine is gardening and advocacy – whatever gives you the total relaxation you need – go for it.

4. Jess Melancholia April 29, 2016 / 12:57 pm

Oh Kitt! I really don’t know what to say other than I’m here reading and supporting you and your family. Please get some rest if you can. Samina is right. You definitely deserve it!

5. dyane April 29, 2016 / 10:29 am

I’m SO SO glad you’re going on Saturday!!!! It makes me very happy that you took this step to take care of yourself. You truly deserve it, Kitt.

I’m a huge believer in the soothing/healing power of treatments such as massages, facials, etc. Although since I live in Santa Cruz, I’d exclude some of the truly hippy-granola spa treatments offered here. I’ll spare you the gory details!

Soak it all in tomorrow, and know that we’re all rooting for you to feel a chunk of that burden lift off your shoulders. XOXOXO

6. Just Plain Ol' Vic April 29, 2016 / 6:13 am

Yup, treat yourself and relax Kitt – you deserve it for sure!

7. laurelwolfelives April 29, 2016 / 5:40 am

Oh, Kitt. When I was taking care of my dear friend who was dying from a brain tumor, one of the nurses told me that if I didn’t take a break, she would guarantee that I would be sick in a matter of days.
    Spend your weekend at the spa. You’ve earned it. This kind of care is incredibly stressful and if you get sick, who’s going to care for you?
    Hugs.

8. stockdalewolfe April 29, 2016 / 4:40 am

Go! Don’t walk, run, to a spa and take care of your body and mind. Caretaking is SO draining! My husband and I each lost 30 pounds taking care of my mother. Our doctor was so distressed that she told us to eat anything and everything. You take care of Kitt. Have a healthy, healing time! Hugs, Ellen xxoo

9. Bradley April 28, 2016 / 11:18 pm

Kitt can’t help anyone for very long untless Kitt takes care of Kitt. But, you know that. You’ve been in my thoughts

10. Marie Abanga April 28, 2016 / 10:42 pm

Kitt, your body is requesting to feel and be fed. Do not overstretch your body considering your overall search for holistic wellbeing. And leave guilt behind please. Enjoy just wish you could go to the original spa in Belgium 🙂

11. Bipolar1Blog April 28, 2016 / 10:08 pm

You definitely deserve it! Hope it revives your mind, body, and spirit. Hugs for you. ((()))