Back from BlogHer16

To Confer or Not to Confer

Recuperating from BlogHer16. Wondering if I want to go to NAMI California conference later this month. Prefer intimate get togethers where fellow writers support each other by sharing their knowledge. Do not get much from panel discussions. Plus, staying in hotels is expensive. Besides, I do not really want to monetize my blog. I identify as a writer and as a mental health advocate, not as a web-based entrepreneur.

Blessed to have met so many wonderful women in person, including the amazing and inspirational speaker Clementine BihigaSarah Fader – who also rocked the stage, Julie AndersonHasty Words, Renee RobbinsMarla Carlton, Courtney KeeseeGunmetal Geisha, and Ra (Rarasaur). Unfortunately, I didn’t have the opportunity to meet everyone I had hoped to connect with.

17 thoughts on “Back from BlogHer16

1. bpnurse August 10, 2016 / 11:10 pm

I’m sorry things didn’t turn out well for you at the convention. I know something about how you feel regarding crowds and overstimulation because I’m plagued with the same issues. Take care of yourself, sweetie. 🙂

2. Paladin August 10, 2016 / 6:46 pm

Your topic seems to indicate an absolute equivalent expression: | Bipolar == Ambivalent |

If you think your biological age has passed your chronological age from the BlogHer16 Conference, then cancelling the NAMI California one seems appropriate.

Please take time to recover and celebrate your birthday this month. You have earned it. I am sure you will find something suitable to apply your many skills and talent, Kitt.

God Bless + Namaste.

3. Marie Abanga August 10, 2016 / 9:54 am

Congrats Kitt, you braved it, you took back some stuffs both way, now chill out…

4. Berni August 10, 2016 / 6:25 am

I’m not a physician but I guess you need to avoid stimulating situations. That’s how I keep my anxiety in check: by avoiding thrills and depressive news.

5. hirundine608 August 9, 2016 / 7:14 pm

Depending on your personality …. MBPI. will often dictate the propensity for participation. Having skirted the effects of alcohol consumption …. how I got over that was by using cannabis. Once the alcohol was behind me. It was far easier, to give up cannabis. Neither is really good for a person. I know. Especially if a person is inclined toward mental issues. Having skirted the effects of alcohol. I am very glad to not be using it. For it can be in the way of driving, just for openers. So, happier just being without those crutches. Yet it’s hard in a society that is always pumping, in films, tv and magazines, etc; drugs on us. Cheers Jamie.

• Kitt O'Malley August 9, 2016 / 8:06 pm

I shouldn’t either drink or put myself in situations where I’m overstimulated socially. My personal boundaries are poor.

6. kbailey374 August 9, 2016 / 7:06 pm

Did I catch you beating yourself up? No? Okay. (((Hug))):)

I think you are doing a good job refining who you are 😀

7. avaswan August 9, 2016 / 6:12 pm

Kitt, I would not go unless I absolutely wanted to and could afford it. I would not want to go either as I don’t like crowds. Life is too short to force yourself to do things. As for as regretting what you said, we all have done that. Go easy on yourself, we all are only human.