NAMIWalks, Conferences, and Fatigue

This summer I’ve been recuperating from caring for my parents, going to the BlogHer16 women’s blogging conference, and training for NAMI In Our Own Voice.

A writer is a writer before, as well as after, publication. Southern California Writers' Conference

This upcoming weekend, I’m attending the Southern California Writers’ Conference, about which I’m understandably worried for I find conferences exhausting and am a bit anxious that I will be out of my depth there.

Conferences can be exhausting and overwhelming for anyone, whether or not they live with mental illness. The social interaction of conferences and trainings overstimulate me, trigger hypomania, and exhaust me, requiring rest to recuperate.

nami-walks-2016

The following weekend I’m walking 5K for NAMI Orange County. Please support me and team STIGMA SMASHERS for NAMIWalks Orange County 2016. NAMI Orange County’s programs have helped me live well with bipolar disorder.

DONATE NOW GREEN

NAMI Peer-to-Peer introduced me to the concept of mental health recovery and gave me HOPE. I volunteer as a Provider Education presenter and just trained to become an In Our Own Voice public speaker to share my story of mental health recovery.

NAMIWalks provides NAMI Orange County with 1/3 of their operating budget, enabling them to offer free mental health educational programs, meetings and support groups.

join team stigma smashers

NAMIWalks Orange County

Saturday, October 1st
Check in: 9:00 AM
Start time: 10:30 AM
William R. Mason Park
18712 University Drive
Irvine, CA 92612

Thank you for your support!

17 thoughts on “NAMIWalks, Conferences, and Fatigue

1. Mark kent September 24, 2016 / 2:23 am

i get your blog

my blog http;//mark-kent.webs.com

i am disabled lot health problems

________________________________

• Kitt O'Malley September 24, 2016 / 5:47 pm

Thank you for visiting. I went ahead and visited your site. Thank you for being involved in health and neurological research.

2. Just Plain Ol' Vic September 23, 2016 / 7:35 pm

Look up the word ‘awesome’ in the dictionary and there will be a picture of you Kitt! I know it can be exhausting, but being awesome is tough like that! Take care.

3. dyane September 22, 2016 / 11:53 am

You’re a wonderful, passionate, honest writer, and you’ll fit in well at the conference.

You also have a large, devoted following on your blog, and many writers who you’ll meet wish they had a blog, let alone one akin to kittomalley.com. Not many can claim that her blog contains such helpful, varied resources and inspiring personal experiences – it’s a true accomplishment.

Conferences are exhausting no matter what; at least you’re experienced now, and you can go into the weekend knowing it’s key to pace yourself carefully and retreat when needed! Love you! 🙂

• Kitt O'Malley September 22, 2016 / 1:39 pm

Thank you, Dyane! You know what it’s like to attend a writers’ conference, so I trust what you say.

• dyane September 22, 2016 / 3:04 pm

Damn, my friend, I’m STILL tired from it, LOL!

4. Marie Abanga September 22, 2016 / 2:50 am

Lots of courage and good wishes Kitt, hope your son and husband are doing fine 🙂

5. e September 21, 2016 / 7:26 pm

Glad to help get the word out!