Mind Spinning

Have had
Two cups of
Coffee
This morning

25 thoughts on “Mind Spinning

1. jjjcampagna April 28, 2017 / 5:52 pm

Mindful of your surroundings. Realizing there are certain things we can do to slow the pace of our lives if we choose to. Perhaps the aroma of the coffee can be more soothing instead of the short term jolt of caffeine and the drop in energy that happens 30-40 minutes later. I enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning and I know what to expect so the step down is nice. It leaves me feeling satisfied before my bottle of water to balance things out.

• Kitt O'Malley April 29, 2017 / 1:35 pm

Working on my bottle of water now. Always keep a bottle by my bedside and a tumbler in the family room.

• seethinkplay April 30, 2017 / 2:29 am

Well it is better either way! Trying to stop regular depressive bouts of alcoholic binges. Any tips?? @VoiceFutures

2. Just Plain Ol' Vic April 26, 2017 / 5:05 pm

I totally relate to this. I am ready to get off my hamster wheel too….care to join me?

3. Paladin April 26, 2017 / 7:56 am

👍 Your “Impressionist Literature” creativity is amazing from a hypomanic driven state.Some of your previous posts over the last two years I still remember. Hope you are feeling more normal now, Kitt..

Please Take Care!!!

4. jacquelineobyikocha April 26, 2017 / 6:43 am

This happens to me when I take caffeine late in the day. My mind simply wouldn’t running around in circles.

• Kitt O'Malley April 29, 2017 / 12:57 pm

I can’t drink any caffeinated beverage after noon. Too much chocolate does the same thing.

5. Susan Irene Fox April 25, 2017 / 11:40 am

I relate to this so much. Been on that wheel for the last month. Am nose-diving now. Well, at least I’ll get sleep.

6. Raegina April 25, 2017 / 12:22 am

This is my hypo too and coffee really sets it off. Hope you got some peace from naming it ☺️

7. bpnurse April 24, 2017 / 10:33 pm

I know whereof you speak. I get that way when I’m hypomanic, or sometimes I just drink too much in the way of caffeinated beverages and spin out a little. Hope you’re feeling a little more level now. Great poem. 🙂

• Kitt O'Malley April 24, 2017 / 10:35 pm

Much better. Writing the poem helped. Or, perhaps, the caffeine just had to be metabolized.

• seethinkplay April 30, 2017 / 2:37 am

I speak to my OT, clinician on a regular basis only as a security blanket, you get better advice from fellow Bipolars. Coffee is just a mild pick me up. Jumping from a bridge is not

8. saywhatumean2say April 24, 2017 / 4:16 pm

After today, I’m considering getting off this wheel, at least for a ride. Seems the more you try the faster you go but then destination still turns out to be nowhere!.
    ~~dru~~

• Kitt O'Malley April 24, 2017 / 10:18 pm

Hope you mean to slow down, and not to end your life. My state of mind changed in the act of writing this. It was a temporary state of hypomania or maybe anxiety or maybe I was just too hyped on caffeine.

9. Mark Lanesbury April 24, 2017 / 3:01 pm

But much wisdom gained young lady. I kept getting very sick for a long time until I tracked down the culprit. I was allergic to Sulphur…and it is a preservative and in almost everything (why I couldn’t pinpoint just where it was coming from) 😦
    So now I’m eating almost everything raw…the change in my body, let alone how I ‘feel’ within is amazing. It kept me in a very ‘suppressed’ state, let alone the havoc to my immune system. The 21st century has a lot to answer for…but I didn’t wait for its answers, I found my own…as you are too.
    Great poem, thank you for sharing 😀

10. dyane April 24, 2017 / 2:08 pm

If only I didn’t relate to this so much, Kitt! As always, your powerful way with words hits home. Xo