Mind Spinning

Have had
Two cups of
Coffee
This morning

25 thoughts on “Mind Spinning

1. Just Plain Ol' Vic April 26, 2017 / 5:05 pm

I totally relate to this. I am ready to get off my hamster wheel too….care to join me?

2. Paladin April 26, 2017 / 7:56 am

👍 Your “Impressionist Literature” creativity is amazing from a hypomanic driven state.Some of your previous posts over the last two years I still remember. Hope you are feeling more normal now, Kitt..

Please Take Care!!!

3. jacquelineobyikocha April 26, 2017 / 6:43 am

This happens to me when I take caffeine late in the day. My mind simply wouldn’t running around in circles.

• Kitt O'Malley April 29, 2017 / 12:57 pm

I can’t drink any caffeinated beverage after noon. Too much chocolate does the same thing.

4. Susan Irene Fox April 25, 2017 / 11:40 am

I relate to this so much. Been on that wheel for the last month. Am nose-diving now. Well, at least I’ll get sleep.

5. Raegina April 25, 2017 / 12:22 am

This is my hypo too and coffee really sets it off. Hope you got some peace from naming it ☺️

6. bpnurse April 24, 2017 / 10:33 pm

I know whereof you speak. I get that way when I’m hypomanic, or sometimes I just drink too much in the way of caffeinated beverages and spin out a little. Hope you’re feeling a little more level now. Great poem. 🙂

• Kitt O'Malley April 24, 2017 / 10:35 pm

Much better. Writing the poem helped. Or, perhaps, the caffeine just had to be metabolized.

• seethinkplay April 30, 2017 / 2:37 am

I speak to my OT, clinician on a regular basis only as a security blanket, you get better advice from fellow Bipolars. Coffee is just a mild pick me up. Jumping from a bridge is not

7. saywhatumean2say April 24, 2017 / 4:16 pm

After today, I’m considering getting off this wheel, at least for a ride. Seems the more you try the faster you go but then destination still turns out to be nowhere!.
    ~~dru~~

• Kitt O'Malley April 24, 2017 / 10:18 pm

Hope you mean to slow down, and not to end your life. My state of mind changed in the act of writing this. It was a temporary state of hypomania or maybe anxiety or maybe I was just too hyped on caffeine.

8. Mark Lanesbury April 24, 2017 / 3:01 pm

But much wisdom gained young lady. I kept getting very sick for a long time until I tracked down the culprit. I was allergic to Sulphur…and it is a preservative and in almost everything (why I couldn’t pinpoint just where it was coming from) 😦
    So now I’m eating almost everything raw…the change in my body, let alone how I ‘feel’ within is amazing. It kept me in a very ‘suppressed’ state, let alone the havoc to my immune system. The 21st century has a lot to answer for…but I didn’t wait for its answers, I found my own…as you are too.
    Great poem, thank you for sharing 😀

9. dyane April 24, 2017 / 2:08 pm

If only I didn’t relate to this so much, Kitt! As always, your powerful way with words hits home. Xo