Photos of my treatment team: Alex Michelson, MD; Brynne Lum, LMFT; My Family (son and husband)

Assuming that my therapist, Brynne Lum, LMFT, was not available (she’s very popular), I called my psychiatrist to see if he was available. He was! Yay!

Alex Michelson, MD saw me, listened to me, and reassured me that it sounds like I’m exhausted, which is understandable considering all that I’ve done in the last year and a half.

Brynne happened to be there when I visited, and I learned that she had a cancellation next week. Double yay! Now I don’t have to wait until the end of the month to see her.

Dr. Michelson reminded me that group therapy was always available for me to rejoin.

Anyway, before I got through to my team, I decided to take a couple of days off. Not exactly on a nature retreat. Just staying in a local hotel overlooking our local toll road (which is LOUD). Not as nice as I had hoped…

Maybe I’ll check out tomorrow and find somewhere quieter for my second night “away.”

32 thoughts on “Thank You, Treatment Team

1. Anonymous May 4, 2017 / 3:40 pm

Love you, Kitt. Take care of yourself. Uncle Paul

• Kitt O'Malley May 4, 2017 / 3:52 pm

Thank you, Uncle Paul. Saw my psychiatrist yesterday. He reassured me that I’m exhausted and need rest.

2. Paladin May 4, 2017 / 8:41 am

💎 The comment I wrote to your “Rejected” post yesterday got lost somewhere in the process. There is no need to add it to the current list you have. It seems from this post, you connected with your team and are going to execute something like a “Great Escape” plan before seeing your therapist next week. Hope you will get some much needed rest so you will be able to “Thrive” again.

As always, God Bless + Namaste!!!

3. kbailey374 May 4, 2017 / 2:52 am

One of my fav things to do has been staying in a motel shutting, unplugging from society for a while, watching cable, laying around in bed, and eating chocolate covered bon-bons. It’s very restorative. Haven’t done it in a long time, but I forgot that option was available to me. Glad that you have a good treatment team!

• Kitt O'Malley May 4, 2017 / 1:34 pm

Unfortunately, this hotel overlooks a LOUD toll road. Not really relaxing…

• kbailey374 May 26, 2017 / 5:47 am

Time to crank up the fan on the A/C!
        Hope things are better, regardless. xo

4. amybelle1 May 3, 2017 / 9:58 pm

Half the battle with recovery is finding someone decent to share your recovery with. glad you are doing well x

5. Cassandra Stout May 3, 2017 / 9:25 pm

Oh, awesome! I was so worried about you from the post from earlier. I’m glad you managed to see your treatment team, and that they helped!

6. Anonymous May 3, 2017 / 7:36 pm

SO glad to read this, Kitt!
    Much love,
    Dyane

7. Sharon DeVinney, Ph.D. May 3, 2017 / 7:24 pm

I am so glad you are able to get back to seeing your treatment team. That is much easier than starting with someone new. Caretaking is exhausting. Please take care of yourself!