Sick of It

Sick of Sickness Hitting a Wall Not Moving Forward

Tired of writing memoir. Not just sick of writing about my mental illness, sick of living the same struggles day after day. Do not want to end my life. Far from suicidal. Just want to end both my symptoms and my son’s physical and mental health symptoms. I’m WAY over it. Sick of being sick. Sick of my son being sick.

35 thoughts on “Sick of It

1. Mark Lanesbury June 22, 2017 / 3:17 pm

Yes, your words are powerful Kitt…and they have reason to be. While ever you can write or speak, you are expressing that frustration and pain inside. That is loving yourself…and you are doing that well.
    Thank you for sharing your heart, and trusting us to share in it also ❤ 😀

2. amybelle1 June 22, 2017 / 3:03 pm

Writing about mental health all the time is intensive and tiring. Take a break, you deserve it x

3. bpnurse June 22, 2017 / 2:51 pm

So sorry you’re feeling down. I’m glad you’re not having SI though. You have excellent insight into your condition and it serves you well. Hang in there, my friend.

4. The Itty Bitty Boomer June 22, 2017 / 1:44 pm

So with you … only with me watching my 2 (adult) kids and my (18 year old) grandson all try to deal with their mental illnesses, my daughter also with her chronic physical illnesses. I feel so darned helpless right now.

• Kitt O'Malley June 22, 2017 / 3:18 pm

To think that it may never end is too much for me right now! I keep holding on to hope, even if it’s a tenuous hold.

5. dyane June 22, 2017 / 1:14 pm

The state of hitting a wall–of feeling stagnant, feeling stuck just SUCKS!
    I love your honesty. You don’t sugarcoat things. You reveal yourself.
    That’s why whenever I have the opportunity, I tell others about your blog.

I appreciate that you noted you’re far from feeling suicidal.

I encourage you to continue using your blog as a place to share what’s going on,
    whatever that may be.

It WILL get better, I really do believe that, although I know it sounds Pollyanna-ish. 👀

I love you, Kitt! And I’ll put you in my 🙏 to the 😇
    🌷🌹
    💕
    Dy

• Kitt O'Malley June 22, 2017 / 1:16 pm

At least my son’s at school today! We decided to curb back his summer school schedule. He wanted to keep a full load plus Robotics. Now he’s taking just two academic classes plus Robotics.

• dyane June 22, 2017 / 1:25 pm

That’s hugel – that’s awesome he’s at school today! 2 academic classes & Robotics sound like a healthier balance. You’re a great mom, Kitt. Not, I repeat not “Bad Mom”. Xo

6. billiekelpin June 22, 2017 / 1:09 pm

Just read something this morning about the importance of memoirs – they’re guides to other people and to those who come after us. That makes our suffering purposeful. I think of it like the work of a group, for example, like Mothers Against Drunk Drivers.

On the humorous side, I love one of the quotes from despair.com (one of my favorite websites). I might have mentioned that quote here before. I use it to joke about my life and tell people that sometimes I feel that ‘the sole purpose of my existence is to be a warning to others’ HA!

7. hirundine608 June 22, 2017 / 12:41 pm

Luckily we are not afflicted. Yet perhaps the focus requires shifting? Cheers Jamie

8. jdlwhitehead June 22, 2017 / 12:22 pm

So sorry to hear this. But think about all the people you help by showing how you CAN persevere through it. That’s what keeps me going much of the time blogging about my struggles. It doesn’t make the pain go away, I know. But things do get better, angstrom unti by angstrom unit, day by day.

• Kitt O'Malley June 22, 2017 / 1:14 pm

Angstrom by angstrom. Looked it up. Angstrom = one ten-billionth of a meter. Perfect. Even has angst in its name.