Coping with Illness

Deleting Emails

For the past few weeks (three?), my son and I (and my husband, but he’s taking care of us) have been sick with gastroenteritis. I haven’t been able to keep up with my usual writing, or with sharing mental health resources on social media. To cope with the many emails piling up, I’m deleting most of them. Yes, I could schedule sharing them, but I simply don’t feel up to it.

When I checked my email this morning, I saw that I had incurred a late fee and interest for a missed credit card payment, which I thought I had already paid online. (Called the credit card company and had the charges reversed.) If I can’t pay bills on time, I need to cut back and focus. I pride myself on managing money well (my last paid job was as an investment analyst for an entrepreneur).

Honestly, all I’ve been up to is watching TV and doing jigsaw puzzles on my iPad. Far cry from workaholic investment analyst.

20 thoughts on “Coping with Illness

1. The Colour Of Madness October 9, 2017 / 7:13 pm

Yuk, gastro is horrible. Glad that your hubby is taking good care of you all and I hope you are feeling better really soon!

2. Paladin001 October 9, 2017 / 3:49 pm

Like most of your community, wish you & family a healthy recovery. It looks like “Mother Earth” has come up with early, gusty Santa Ana winds and lots of fires down in the Orange County area where you live. Hope you are not in any danger. God Bless + Namaste.

• Kitt O'Malley October 10, 2017 / 9:53 am

We are safe, as long as we stay inside with the A/C on. Unhealthful to breathe this air.

3. Cassandra Stout October 6, 2017 / 8:44 pm

I’m so sorry you’ve been sick, Kitt. But this is a warning for you to take it easy. I hope you recover soon.

4. vanbytheriver October 6, 2017 / 2:41 pm

Your body seems to be forcing you to slow down, good to pay attention. Take care, Kitt.

5. Bipolar1Blog October 6, 2017 / 1:18 pm

Feel better soon, Kitt! Sending you antibodies, T antigens and macrophages for max recovery. 🍎🌶🍓☕️💕💕

• Kitt O'Malley October 6, 2017 / 2:40 pm

Yep. My symptoms are milder than my son’s. His GI tract is sensitive.

6. Mark Lanesbury October 6, 2017 / 12:29 pm

You are loving yourself so much more if you give ‘you’ time when needed Kitt. It is one of the hardest things for any of us to do, but when you do begin, it can change things right around 😀

7. dyane October 6, 2017 / 12:10 pm

Take it easy! Watching TV & doing puzzles are good for the brain! I have lots to do, but I’m wiped out, so I’m going to watch my new favorite thing called Acorn TV. It features a lot of British & Aussie/Kiwi shows and I love it.

By the way, my dear, the “book stork” arrived this a.m. with beautiful copies of “Birth of a New Brain”! You look gorgeous on your page!!!!!

Please, be gentle on yourself and do whatever you need to do to recuperate.
    As for me? I’m being a banana slug! I’m off to watch Doc Martin!

XXOXOXOO

• Kitt O'Malley October 6, 2017 / 12:13 pm

Thank you, Bob. Feels like we’ve been mildly sick forever. Well, I’ve been wiped out. My son gets GI symptoms severely.