2017 Year-End Wrap-Up

In 2017, this blog was viewed almost 17,000 times by over 10,000 visitors. Since I started writing this blog in September 2013, I’ve enjoyed almost 80,000 views from over 40,000 visitors. 2015 had the most blog activity with over 28,000 views from over 13,000 visitors.

When my mother had a stroke November of 2015, I took on increased responsibilities and wrote less about living with bipolar disorder. Starting September this year, I started organizing my posts into a book. As the holidays approached, I temporarily set aside that task, for this time of year exhausts me. Even though my parents are both still alive and happy, I miss them, as both have dementia.

Most readers (over 5,000 views) landed on my home page or searched my archives (Posts by Categories, My Blogging Journey, or using the Search box).

Top Five by the Numbers

1. 35 Symptoms of Perimenopause — 671 views (Perennial favorite list shared from Healthline.com in 2015. I’m fully menopausal now. What a relief.)
  2. Freud and the Church — 550 views (I’m a psychodynamically-trained former psychotherapist and have attended Fuller Theological Seminary.)
  3. Mystic or Mentally Ill? — 489 views (Is it possible to be both mentally ill and a mystic? Perhaps. Perhaps, not.)
  4. Am I Still a Mental Health Blogger? — 443 views
  5. About Me & This Blog — 310 views

Favorites, Numbers Be Damned

1. Barely Fiction: Kate.1
  2. Barely Fiction: Kate.2
  3. So Easily Broken
  4. I do not whisper. I ROAR.
  5. Bad Mom

Thank you, Readers! Hope you all have a Happy New Year! With love, Kitt.

28 thoughts on “2017 Year-End Wrap-Up

1. tonyroberts January 1, 2018 / 9:07 am

Kitt, you clearly find delight in your role as a mental health advocate. I pray you are blessed with good health and wellness this coming year, and always.

• Kitt O'Malley January 1, 2018 / 2:51 pm

Thank you, Tony, and God Bless you. I consider mental health advocacy as my vocation. I pray that you, too, have a healthy and blessed new year.

2. Jonno December 31, 2017 / 9:39 pm

Happy New Year Kitt, the blog sounds like its going well. Best of luck for everything in 2018.

3. Paladin December 31, 2017 / 10:48 am

Hi Kitt,

Have provided you a military jargon comment on your LinkedIn post.     Next year I intend to conquer defiant WordPress.com
    Think you & family have done quite well this year, Kitt. You have     improved considerably and I appreciate all your help and advice.     Cannot believe all the medical research breakthroughs that are     emerging.
    Imagine you will have a challenge teaching Matt driver’s education.     Good Luck.
    Best Regards + Happy New Year,
    Jerry, Maria (aka Lupe), Agapita
    Jerry Weaver

• Kitt O'Malley December 31, 2017 / 12:40 pm

Thank you, Jerry! I’ll leave my son’s driver’s education to someone else. Thanks for the articles via LinkedIn.

• Paladin January 1, 2018 / 11:23 am

Good wisdom with driver’s education. Made the same choice many decades ago with my wife.

• Kitt O'Malley January 1, 2018 / 3:08 pm

I had to enroll in additional driver’s education. I failed my first DMV driving exam by cutting off a big rig. Turns out, you fail the test if you break the law.

• Kitt O'Malley December 31, 2017 / 12:41 pm

For your privacy, I removed your email address. Let me know if you’d also like me to remove your name from your comment.

• Paladin January 1, 2018 / 4:09 pm

It is fine to leave my name in the comment, Kitt.

Might as well copy/paste the LinkedIn comment here::

☘ When your mother had the stroke, you provided a two minute selfie in your chariot of “Racing Thoughts” and I started to comment on your posts. With respect to your family and parents, I need only say “Semper fi”.

Have read and commented on several of your posts/blogs. Glad to see you have collected stats for feedback. From the hypertext list provided, I choose Favorites #4, especially the last paragraph in the first person and very, very assertive. Only need to use the military acronym “HUA” (heard, understood, acknowledged), regardless the various phonetics (hooah, hoorah, etc.).

Wish you smooth sailing in 2018. God Bless + Namaste !!!.

• Kitt O'Malley January 1, 2018 / 5:05 pm

Thank you, Jerry. Loved that LinkedIn comment. You stay active on LinkedIn.

4. Anonymous December 31, 2017 / 9:58 am

May God bless you Kitt, in 2018. My heart goes out to you on appreciation for all you have done in the past year.

5. Lekhamisra December 31, 2017 / 7:44 am

I always enjoy your posts. You are really very courageous!
    I wish you and your parents the best in coming years
    Happy New Year!🎈

• Kitt O'Malley December 31, 2017 / 12:38 pm

Thank you so much! I wish you and your ones the best. Happy and Healthy New Year!

6. Mark Lanesbury December 30, 2017 / 6:04 pm

May your New Year be a blessing in itself Kitt, and a lot more beautiful as you are discovering that beauty within. I bow to you for your courage and strength, and the never say no to life. I look forward to being another of your viewers next year. Namaste ❤

• Kitt O'Malley December 30, 2017 / 6:28 pm

Thank you so much, Mark. Your comments are filled with love, light, and wisdom. May you, too, have a blessed New Year. Namaste.

7. Cassandra Stout December 30, 2017 / 5:44 pm

Wow, Kate! Congratulations on so many views! How did you garner so many? Happy holidays!

• Kitt O'Malley December 30, 2017 / 5:49 pm

Followed advice of WordPress’s Blogging University. Followed and commented on others’ posts. One of the reasons I’ve had fewer reads this year is that I’m less active in reaching out and networking.

8. mihrank December 30, 2017 / 5:29 pm

When the New Year starts with colorful fireworks, let them light up your life like a candle in the night and may they color your year like a rainbow. Happy New Year!