Grieving — My Father Passed

Grief is the price we pay for love. —Queen Elizabeth II. Meme by KittO’Malley.com

My father passed away. His illness and death took us by surprise. We had no idea that he had lung cancer, nor that his infection was severe, until last week.

Thank you for your love, support, and prayers.

87 thoughts on “Grieving — My Father Passed

1. bipolarsojourner April 24, 2018 / 9:18 pm

i always say death of a loved one puts a hole in a heart. no matter the effort, that hole can never be filled. It may to get to the point where there are only little gaps. those little gaps will work as a constant reminder of what you once had. my blessings and condolences to you and your family.

if you don’t want some friendly advice stop here,

please remember self-care is not and indulgence but necessity. I may be selfish, but I want you around today, tomorrow and many more tomorrow.s

• Kitt O'Malley April 25, 2018 / 9:23 pm

Thank you 🙏 My sister flew down to relieve me. Tomorrow I go to therapy. Do need to rest and recover.

2. roughghosts April 24, 2018 / 9:08 pm

My thoughts are with you Kitt. I understand well how sudden losses like this feel. Wishing you strength.

3. john flanagan April 24, 2018 / 8:50 pm

My deepest condolences, Kitt. My the good man rest in peace.

Strength and healing to you

john

4. dyane April 24, 2018 / 8:46 pm

p.s. I was looking through your book “Blogging for Bipolar Mental Health” and I came across this extraordinary post “My Dad, the Hero” when you lived in Saudi Arabia – what an incredible account- it’s a fitting depiction of a truly amazing person! 💖

5. Lifewithanillness April 24, 2018 / 8:44 pm

I’m so so sorry to hear about this. My heart goes out to you through this difficult time. Peace and love sent your way.

6. dyane April 24, 2018 / 8:37 pm

Thinking of you so much, Kitt.Craig and my mom send their condolences as well.
    The loss of your father is an enormous loss, and I’ll be praying for you often, dear friend.
    I want you to receive as much support as possible during this time. Please take extra-good care of yourself. Sending my love to your mom and sister, Nick & your son.

I love you!
    Dyane

7. Anonymous April 24, 2018 / 8:35 pm

Condolences to you and your family Kitt☹

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w