Tears Quietly Roll

Now I CryNow that I’ve taken care of the business of death, I no longer need to numb myself from the pain of loss. Now I cry. Softly. Quietly. The tears roll down my cheeks. I miss my dad. I really miss him.

38 thoughts on “Tears Quietly Roll

1. Faith May 11, 2018 / 11:10 pm

I know exactly how you are feeling Kitt, lost my mum at the end of November and my dad in January. Understand totally the watching of mindless TV, my switch off is mindless candy crush! I always use it just to stop my mind thinking and give myself a rest.
    I never expected to feel the grief like this, sending you love and hugs x

• Kitt O'Malley May 13, 2018 / 1:17 pm

Thank you. November and January were recent. Your grief is still raw. Similar to Candy Crush, I do jigsaw puzzles on my iPad. Simply not verbal. Sending love and hugs right back to you.

2. Paladin May 11, 2018 / 3:35 pm

Coincidentally, I attended a meeting this morning dealing with the Thomas Fire disaster in our county. The main discussion were steps associated with the WRAP process. This emotion seems normal and healthy for the loss of your father, Kitt. Your family wellness is in my prayers.

God Bless + Take Care !!!

3. bobcabkings May 11, 2018 / 3:01 pm

Let it flow, Kitt. Such tears can ease the pain even though they do not undo the loss.

4. Joy Johnston May 11, 2018 / 11:50 am

Kudos to you for allowing the emotions to flow freely. Hope your support system is strong so you can lean on them as needed.

• Kitt O'Malley May 11, 2018 / 12:04 pm

Thank you. My family is supporting me as I grieve. Find that spending time alone allows me to cry. Defended when around others.

• Christine May 11, 2018 / 12:16 pm

Hi kit I know what it’s like to lose a parent my mother passed away to cancer 22 years ago and never a day goes by when she is far from my thoughts sending you big hugs

• Christine Newton May 13, 2018 / 1:36 pm

You are very welcome Kitt if you want to email me let me know and I’ll forward my email address keep smiling

5. dyane May 11, 2018 / 11:08 am

As someone who also lost a father I loved deeply, my heart goes out to you, my friend. I remember in the early days after his death, I cried so much. While it was awful, a part of me knew it was healthy to let the tears out. It is healthy you are crying.

Thank you for being so open and vulnerable with us by sharing your photo and words. I love you

• Kitt O'Malley May 11, 2018 / 12:03 pm

Thank you, Dyane. You know exactly what I’m going though. 🙏

6. Anonymous May 11, 2018 / 10:48 am

I’m so sorry, Kitt. I hope you don’t feel alone in this difficult time. You’re in my prayers.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )