Love, Marriage & Mental Illness

Happy Anniversary to My Beloved! Love, Marriage & Mental Illness. KittOMalley.com
There’s hope. You can find and nurture love when living with mental illness.

Been married 22 years today. Started dating 25 years ago. Some of us living with mental illness can and do have stable relationships. Some of us need someone else in our lives. My husband and I support each other, help each other, complement each other. Plus, we made a kid, now a young adult.

Not easy. Not by any means. Stressful to love someone with mental illness or another chronic illness. Caretaking is not easy. But, it’s worth it. At least for us it has been.

Important that you express gratitude. I’m thankful for all my husband does for me and our son. Thank you, sweetheart.

15 thoughts on “Love, Marriage & Mental Illness

• Kitt O'Malley May 21, 2019 / 5:10 pm

Congratulations on your marriage. Thank you for the work you do to blend your families and share your experience with others. Best wishes for your marriage and blended family. God bless.

1. violaetcetera May 19, 2019 / 11:16 am

Happy anniversary! I absolutely agree, people with a mental illness can live in a long and fulfilling relationship, (my husband and I started dating 30 years ago). Of course it can be difficult, but it’s definitely possible.

2. bpnurse May 18, 2019 / 11:11 pm

Happy anniversary you two! You deserve to celebrate and enjoy each other every day for the next 22 years and beyond.

3. marandarussell May 18, 2019 / 4:26 pm

Congrats! My husband and I both suffer with severe anxiety and depression at times, but I’m so glad we have each other!

• Kitt O'Malley May 19, 2019 / 5:30 pm

My husband and son both live with anxiety. Not easy, but at least we have compassion for each other and try to help each other out.

• Kitt O'Malley May 18, 2019 / 3:18 pm

Thanks! We plan on living the rest of our lives together. Hopefully we’ll live long lives.

4. Christine May 18, 2019 / 1:54 pm

Hi Kitt happy anniversary to you both hope you have many more years of happiness x

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )